SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

2 hours ago, cberkas said:

Adidas is just getting out of supplying jerseys for the NHL, they still could supply to other leagues that uses them. Fanatics will be using the same factory that Adidas uses in Canada to make their on-ice jerseys. 

Just now, siouxkid12 said:

Adidas is just getting out of supplying jerseys for the NHL, they still could supply to other leagues that uses them. Fanatics will be using the same factory that Adidas uses in Canada to make their on-ice jerseys. 

*Used.   

Adidas will not be producing hockey jerseys at all.

Fanatics will use that factory untill they have the processes down an then relocate to Shenzen.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

*Used.   

Adidas will not be producing hockey jerseys at all.

Fanatics will use that factory untill they have the processes down an then relocate to Shenzen.

Adidas never actually produced jerseys anyway, they just slapped their logo on it (which is a very common practice in the hockey jersey industry). I believe the actual manufacturer of the Adidas jerseys was SP, which in turn will create the new Fanatics jersey at their factory in Canada.

A lot of jersey collectors want the jerseys that are made in Canada as they are the official on-ice ones. Jerseys made in Indonesia or elsewhere are just the cheaply made (fabric is terrible) ones that most fans buy off the rack. The made in Canada ones are rarely sold to the general public as one needs to have a huge order/demand for them, UND is fortunate to have that demand though.

33 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

I really wish they would go back to Nike but don't see that happening as I believe the school Adidas uniform deal goes through 24.

Exactly! Adidas is getting out of the NHL deal because it costs them a lot of money with very little in return. 

3 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

I really wish they would go back to Nike but don't see that happening as I believe the school Adidas uniform deal goes through 24.

Have you watched them ruin MLB with their “City Connect” softball uniforms?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

And nothing stupid like Omaha’s grey “home” set.  Yuck!

Omaha needs to go Mack to there old colors of red, black, and white. 

1 hour ago, Green Banner said:

Especially with the players home country  shoulder patches 

I actually like the country the player is from on the one shoulder. 

They think of "uniform" as a noun.
I'd like some respect given to its adjective meaning also: remaining the same in all cases and at all times; unchanging in form or character. 

Can we get to a uniform look from a team?
If I flip on a game and can't tell who is playing by the uniform uniforms they use, I may flip to Iron Chef. Bobby Flay is always in the black chef's coat ...

Today's secret ingredient ... SQUID!!!

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

They think of "uniform" as a noun.
I'd like some respect given to its adjective meaning also: remaining the same in all cases and at all times; unchanging in form or character. 

Can we get to a uniform look from a team?
If I flip on a game and can't tell who is playing by the uniform uniforms they use, I may flip to Iron Chef. Bobby Flay is always in the black chef's coat ...

Today's secret ingredient ... SQUID!!!

haha sometimes I wonder where you come up with this stuff. :D

13 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

And nothing stupid like Omaha’s grey “home” set.  Yuck!

I didn't mind the look of them. My only issue was a grey isn't a home white. Our NODAK is still white. Grey vs Black IMO shouldn't have been allowed. Grey is a color. Home jerseys are to be white.

1 hour ago, Langster019 said:

I didn't mind the look of them. My only issue was a grey isn't a home white. Our NODAK is still white. Grey vs Black IMO shouldn't have been allowed. Grey is a color. Home jerseys are to be white.

Grey vs Black is just so...blah.  

Also in terms of "home jerseys are to be white," have you seen Minnesota and Michigan in the last, oh, 30 years?  I think Quinnipiac also goes with gold at home sometimes too.

5 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Grey vs Black is just so...blah.  

Also in terms of "home jerseys are to be white," have you seen Minnesota and Michigan in the last, oh, 30 years?  I think Quinnipiac also goes with gold at home sometimes too.

Yeah, have seen those colors be worn. Don't necessarily mind it not being white, but in the case of one team wearing black as an away team, a dark grey with black accents isn't ideal to wear. Like the 16 champ game, green vs yellow is very discernible. That was more my point. 

Rule 9 - Uniforms
9.1 Jerseys - Each player and each goalkeeper listed in the lineup of each team shall wear an individual identifying number at least 10 inches high on the back of the jersey and at least 4 inches high on the front or on both sleeves. The visiting team shall wear dark-colored jerseys and stockings; the home team shall wear light-colored jerseys and stockings.

Uniform numbers must be a light-colored number on dark jerseys and a dark-colored number on light jerseys. All players of each team shall dress uniformly in that day’s game jersey.

Light-colored jerseys (e.g., white, gold, yellow or light blue) may be worn during the regular season by the visiting team only when the teams have agreed before the game. If the teams are unable to agree, the visiting team will wear dark-colored jerseys. The number of the jersey shall contrast the overall jersey color.

PENALTY—Bench minor to offending team.

Straight out of the NCAA rule book. 

Home is "light", not white. Then they go on to give examples of "light". 

9 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

Yeah, have seen those colors be worn. Don't necessarily mind it not being white, but in the case of one team wearing black as an away team, a dark grey with black accents isn't ideal to wear. Like the 16 champ game, green vs yellow is very discernible. That was more my point. 

We’re 100% in agreement on the UNO/UND game 3 jersey matchup.  Would have looked much better with grey vs green.  

That 2016 QU/UND matchup of gold vs green was a thing of beauty.  

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Straight out of the NCAA rule book. 

Home is "light", not white. Then they go on to give examples of "light". 

Obviously the teams agreed, bc honestly, who would really object about uniforms, but just didn't think they were "light" enough per the rule. Hey, we won, who gives a damn now.