SiouxSports.com Forum

Post pod series #3-CC (Home games?????)

Wilbur

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, SiouxFanatic said:

I think CC needs to look long and hard whether or not Haviland should remain as coach. Honestly, I miss the days of when CC was highly competitive. Were always one of the more exciting games to watch because CC had really good offensive firepower.

I thought I heard the pod announcers say that CC had one of the top recruiting classes. I can’t remember what ranking they said but I want to say 3.

2 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

I think CC needs to look long and hard whether or not Haviland should remain as coach. Honestly, I miss the days of when CC was highly competitive. Were always one of the more exciting games to watch because CC had really good offensive firepower.

I miss Owens.  Boy did UND and CC have some wide open games when he was their coach.  Playing on the Olympic ice made a lot of sense with the talent they had. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

How instrumental was he in getting the new arena built? If he's the reason he gets more time.

2 minutes ago, dden3 said:

I thought I heard the pod announcers say that CC had one of the top recruiting classes. I can’t remember what ranking they said but I want to say 3.

I think the constant turnover on their roster is kind of a red flag. I feel like I am always hearing about guys transferring out or leaving the team, so they have to bring in massive freshman classes every year. Those classes they bring in might be talented but if upperclassmen aren’t sticking around, it’s trouble. 

Just now, siouxforce19 said:

I think the constant turnover on their roster is kind of a red flag. I feel like I am always hearing about guys transferring out or leaving the team, so they have to bring in massive freshman classes every year. Those classes they bring in might be talented but if upperclassmen aren’t sticking around, it’s trouble. 

I don’t know if it makes a difference, but the academic setup there is quite different from other hockey schools.  They basically take one class at a time.  And it’s all liberal arts type stuff. Highly rated academically though.