SiouxSports.com Forum

Pod style game 10-Closing with Miami

Wilbur

I thought the boys played great last night, the score was a lot closer than it should have been.  They were playing with creativity and energy at even strength which was nice to see.

Part of me wishes Thome would have been given the start last night. He has played good for us and the boys were clearly energized. Other thoughts, adams, mismash, and Moore looked really good. One of the better games I’ve seen adams play, from a consistency perspective. Obviously biggest concern is Pintos shoulder. I feared a broken clavicle when I saw his reaction.

9 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Berry didn't play Judd hardly at all and then the camera zoomed in on the bench as Berry was talking to Judd. Unless still injured, gotta get Judd out there and get his confidence back up. He has a role somewhere in the lineup. 

He has to be dinged up a bit. He was much better last year. He made a couple plays last night that really left me scratching my head. Definitely seems to be gripping his stick a bit too tight.

Just now, scpa0305 said:

I thought the boys played great last night, the score was a lot closer than it should have been.  They were playing with creativity and energy at even strength which was nice to see.

Part of me wishes Thome would have been given the start last night. He has played good for us and the boys were clearly energized. Other thoughts, adams, mismash, and Moore looked really good. One of the better games I’ve seen adams play, from a consistency perspective. Obviously biggest concern is Pintos shoulder. I feared a broken clavicle when I saw his reaction.

Yeah, I am hoping Pinto will be alright. Coming from someone who had broken their clavicle many times, it is a pain in the butt to heal and very uncomfortable. 

Biggest surprises from the bubble:  SCSU and UNO on the positive and DU on the negative.  The bubble can’t make someone’s season, but it probably can wreck someone’s season.

biggest surprise for UND:  Gaber...he introduced himself to the NCHC in a big way.  Kid puts the puck in the net.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

Biggest surprises from the bubble:  SCSU and UNO on the positive and DU on the negative.  The bubble can’t make someone’s season, but it probably can wreck someone’s season.

biggest surprise for UND:  Gaber...he introduced himself to the NCHC in a big way.  Kid puts the puck in the net.  

In my opinion DU's tough pod has to come with a huge asterisk, though. 

First, the schedule for them was brutal.  Their first game was against a very good UMD team, who already had a game under their belt.  Every team struggled a little, naturally, in their first game, but DU had to do it against a team that had already played.

Game 2 was against the #1 team in the country, at that point, and they lost in OT.

Game 3 was against a good SCSU team playing with four days rest, while DU had a really tough game the day before against UND.  Those first three games were brutal, from a scheduling standpoint.

Then they lose their best offensive player to the World Juniors.

DU will be a lot better in the second half.  I wouldn't have wished their pod schedule on anyone.

12 hours ago, crb1 said:

Well that was a fun 3 weeks or so. Looking forward to seeing the boys play some games in the Ralph. Hopefully we can get some fans in there at some point. Merry Christmas everyone and Happy Holidays 

I personally loved the pod from a TV viewing standpoint.  Getting to watch UND play a hockey game every couple of days for 3 weeks straight was awesome.  Having that many talented hockey teams all playing each other in one place was very reminiscent of the World Juniors.  Which by the way starts later this week, so it's like double hockey Christmas!

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

In my opinion DU's tough pod has to come with a huge asterisk, though. 

First, the schedule for them was brutal.  Their first game was against a very good UMD team, who already had a game under their belt.  Every team struggled a little, naturally, in their first game, but DU had to do it against a team that had already played.

Game 2 was against the #1 team in the country, at that point, and they lost in OT.

Game 3 was against a good SCSU team playing with four days rest, while DU had a really tough game the day before against UND.  Those first three games were brutal, from a scheduling standpoint.

Then they lose their best offensive player to the World Juniors.

DU will be a lot better in the second half.  I wouldn't have wished their pod schedule on anyone.

All of that is true, and concur they are better than their record.  All teams face adversity though...we were down half of our regular D corps...DU cannot be happy with their pod performance.

16 hours ago, Dustin said:

I personally loved the pod from a TV viewing standpoint.  Getting to watch UND play a hockey game every couple of days for 3 weeks straight was awesome.  Having that many talented hockey teams all playing each other in one place was very reminiscent of the World Juniors.  Which by the way starts later this week, so it's like double hockey Christmas!

That was a treat, for not having hockey for so long. Football sure has been in a vacuum. Hopefully hockey makes it to the Natty - Hawks included!

I really liked the pod, from a spectator standpoint as well.  Lots of awesome hockey.  Have to make adjustments on the flay and implement them well. Huge pacing component, like a chess game trying to figure out when you are going to push and when you are going to coast.  And LOTS of talent among the NCHC teams.Being able to watch lots of great hockey in a condensed 3 week period was a blast.

• Upvote 2