SiouxSports.com Forum

Pod style game 10-Closing with Miami

Wilbur

Last game of the pod, and a huge game for UND.  Getting through the gauntlet in first place would be huge.  A win guarantees that.  

It hasn't been a tremendous stretch of hockey, but its not like we were gonna go 10-0, just impossible with the quality of teams we are playing.  

He's played a ton, but I go with Scheel again tomorrow.  Last game before Christmas, go with the guy that got you there.  

All games are important especially this year. 
Too many unknowns on how playoffs will work.  Will there still be 16 teams ?  What is the selection criteria when there are no out of conference games ?

It wouldn’t surprise me if they gave auto bids to conference regular season winners and playoff winners.  That could greatly limit the at large bids and limit the number of teams from a specific conference.   While the NCHC has been the best conference for a number of years now that does not guarantee anything this year once the politics of a selection committee get involved since there is no way to measure conferences against one another. 
Control what you can control.  Finish in the top two and you are in.  Probably top three.  Finish in fourth or lower and you may be out unless you win the conference tournament.  Highly unlikely you will see five teams from the NCHC in the tournament no matter how good they may be.

• Upvote 1

A win puts UND at 20 puts in the Pod, leading Duluth slightly (18 for Bulldogs). 

Duluth had a game in hand as their date with CC will need to be made up.  I wonder if they will send CC to Minnesota to make up games with Duluth and CC both on the league’s ‘bye weekend’ (Jan 30).

At any rate, find a way to shut the door and showcase our skill advantage vs Miami.  I was talking to a friend at the start of the Pod and I set the over/under for UND wins at 7.5 for these 20 days so they are almost there. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, crb1 said:

One last game in the pod. I rather enjoyed watching all these games the last 20 some odd days. Some real good hockey, what I won’t miss is the bad ice at Baxter. Let’s get a W and close this pod out right. 

I agree about the ice but it’s not as bad as it was when AIC upset SCSU at Scheels Arena a couple years ago. I have never seen ice that bad for a college hockey game let alone a Regional. Obviously it favored AIC 

• Upvote 1