SiouxSports.com Forum

Pod style game 2-Denver

Wilbur

Our top line of forwards sure doesn’t play like you’d expect from the top line of the number one team in the country.  Despite 29’s game winner, he skates like he was drinking beer with Cole Smith all summer in Brainard, not working out.  

43 minutes ago, dden3 said:

Our top line of forwards sure doesn’t play like you’d expect from the top line of the number one team in the country.  Despite 29’s game winner, he skates like he was drinking beer with Cole Smith all summer in Brainard, not working out.  

He looks slow and not reacting quickly. There were times when the play changed directions and it seemed like it would take him and extra second to react to the change. Hopefully it’s just a matter of time when he gets that 2019-20 season body back in shape 

20 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Game speed is impossible to replicate in practice. I don’t think UND is that slow....I think DU is that fast.

also different to have come off a game with UMD vs a game with Miami...just saying

Good points and I’m not worried about it. March is a long ways away yet 

6 hours ago, tnt said:

Agree, if UND labels one it is a great shot, like the Sanderson, Frisch and Kawaguchi goals.  Denver goalie could have come out or hugged the pipe a little better.  Sometimes you just have to say, “what a shot”.

Exactly.

I mean, Chrona was the Preseason 1st Team All NCHC goalie. I certainly didn't think we got out-goalie'd by any stretch last night. Any criticism for our guy just felt a little nit-picky to me....

3 hours ago, sioux rube said:

He looks slow and not reacting quickly. There were times when the play changed directions and it seemed like it would take him and extra second to react to the change. Hopefully it’s just a matter of time when he gets that 2019-20 season body back in shape 

Maybe he's one of those who had Corona a while ago and is still feeling some effects.

29 minutes ago, Rando39 said:

Exactly.

I mean, Chrona was the Preseason 1st Team All NCHC goalie. I certainly didn't think we got out-goalie'd by any stretch last night. Any criticism for our guy just felt a little nit-picky to me....

I think the only one that was questionable was the third DU goal. He was a bit out of position on that one. I’ll take Sheel and Thome anyday especially with 10 games in 20 days 

2 hours ago, Rando39 said:

Exactly.

Agree! I was surprised that Thome did not start against Denver, not because Scheel did not earn it after his shutout but because everything we’ve seen in the past tells us we have two of the top 4 goalies in the NCHC. The way Chrona was playing for the first 45 minutes was the reason the game was so close. We need to see Thome, not because Scheel played poorly, we’ll need two goalies this season. I’ve not seen many other games, the Gophers look good, but Denver might be the 2nd best team in the country. I thought they were better than Duluth on Wednesday, but that is splitting hairs, they’re both good!  Counting the December 8 game, we’ll play the Pio’s 5 more times minimum, this year, we want at least 3 more wins out of those five! 

21 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

Scheel has a neon light blinking above his blocker that lights up and says “hit me”.  He needs to come out of the net to shrink that spot. Pinto, 18-0 on draws WOW!! I hope Thome plays tomorrow.

18-0....!holy cow...I didn't realize that. Unreal!

18 minutes ago, dden3 said:

I would not be disappointed if Berry would juggle the forward lineups and see if we can’t get a little more offensive production out of the team. 

The 4 goals last night is more than our average last year, and against a very good team.  Omaha, after scoring 10 against Western, only put up 2 on Miami, who apparently knows they have to play good defensively if they want to win games.