SiouxSports.com Forum

HPC II Fundraising

Mama Sue

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/2/2020 at 2:43 PM, forksandspoons said:

Looks like the cost of Phase II should be significantly reduced. Anyone have a clue how far away they are from that goal? 

This is brilliant. We are saving a long-cherished landmark while upgrading our athletic facilities at the same time and cutting the cost of the upgrades. It's a rare win-win.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

While I am glad all these projects are moving forward, would like to see a report on how many properties in Grand Forks are currently receiving some type of property tax benefit. It seems the list just keeps growing on a monthly basis, while the homeowner is seeing the property tax increases. Grand Forks still has bills to pay and what doesn't come from commercial taxes will come from residential ones. 

37 minutes ago, northernraider said:

While I am glad all these projects are moving forward, would like to see a report on how many properties in Grand Forks are currently receiving some type of property tax benefit. It seems the list just keeps growing on a monthly basis, while the homeowner is seeing the property tax increases. Grand Forks still has bills to pay and what doesn't come from commercial taxes will come from residential ones. 

I agree.  I deleted most of my post because I don't want to drift the thread off topic, but It is def a dilemma because we want Grand Forks to grow and compete with Fargo and other cities, at the same time, we obviously need tax revenue, and IMO tax incentives unfairly disadvantage small contractors, as larger companies typically benefit.  In this situation I think it makes sense though, since UND, a public entity, is a major stakeholder.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Re-open the dumpster fire thread and assess taxes at a nickel a post. :) 

• Like 1

Bricks... top vs. EFIS/concrete

love the top one... do it right.... EFIS needs repair and so do the concrete slab buildings.... our courthouse’s front door was closed snd we had ? 3 engineers trying to figure out what to do with the loose concrete....

bricks ladt a long time but do need tuck pointing eventually 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2020 at 10:25 AM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

wonder if they will repurpose some of the old brick and mortar pieces to fill in the half circle wall on the south like to make it look like the wall on the north side with the old iron gate....the old chain link is garbage.

Always loved the look on the North end 

On 12/15/2020 at 10:25 AM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

wonder if they will repurpose some of the old brick and mortar pieces to fill in the half circle wall on the south like to make it look like the wall on the north side with the old iron gate....the old chain link is garbage.

2-Pages-from-20201019CC43MemorialVillag.

You are "looking" west. 

There is a brick wall depicted on the south. That may be your old bricks. 

I just noticed what looks like mixed use housing northwest of the field on the east end of what today is a bridge to nowhere and a parking lot. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

You are "looking" west. 

There is a brick wall depicted on the south. That may be your old bricks. 

I just noticed what looks like mixed use housing northwest of the field on the east end of what today is a bridge to nowhere and a parking lot. 

Yeah there's a bunch of it all along university in the UND master plan (both by the bridge to nowhere parking lot and west of wilki).  https://campus.und.edu/facilities-management/_files/docs/2018-master-plan.pdf

Interestingly, the UND athletics master plan doesn't show the buildings https://campus.und.edu/facilities-management/_files/docs/und-athletics-masterplan-0823.pdf