Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

Recommended Posts

  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/2/2020 at 2:43 PM, forksandspoons said:

Looks like the cost of Phase II should be significantly reduced. Anyone have a clue how far away they are from that goal? 

This is brilliant. We are saving a long-cherished landmark while upgrading our athletic facilities at the same time and cutting the cost of the upgrades. It's a rare win-win.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

 

While I am glad all these projects are moving forward, would like to see a report on how many properties in Grand Forks are currently receiving some type of property tax benefit. It seems the list just keeps growing on a monthly basis, while the homeowner is seeing the property tax increases. Grand Forks still has bills to pay and what doesn't come from commercial taxes will come from residential ones. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, northernraider said:

While I am glad all these projects are moving forward, would like to see a report on how many properties in Grand Forks are currently receiving some type of property tax benefit. It seems the list just keeps growing on a monthly basis, while the homeowner is seeing the property tax increases. Grand Forks still has bills to pay and what doesn't come from commercial taxes will come from residential ones. 

I agree.  I deleted most of my post because I don't want to drift the thread off topic, but It is def a dilemma because we want Grand Forks to grow and compete with Fargo and other cities, at the same time, we obviously need tax revenue, and IMO tax incentives unfairly disadvantage small contractors, as larger companies typically benefit.  In this situation I think it makes sense though, since UND, a public entity, is a major stakeholder.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, northernraider said:

While I am glad all these projects are moving forward, would like to see a report on how many properties in Grand Forks are currently receiving some type of property tax benefit. It seems the list just keeps growing on a monthly basis, while the homeowner is seeing the property tax increases. Grand Forks still has bills to pay and what doesn't come from commercial taxes will come from residential ones. 

Re-open the dumpster fire thread and assess taxes at a nickel a post. :) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, YixingLao said:

Oh wow, that attached document really helped a lot. I was actually looking for more information that I can read to understand this and I saw the lat post. Really helpful and amazing guy who posted that, thanks man! 

:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bricks... top vs. EFIS/concrete

love the top one... do it right.... EFIS needs repair and so do the concrete slab buildings.... our courthouse’s front door was closed snd we had ? 3 engineers trying to figure out what to do with the loose concrete....

bricks ladt a long time but do need tuck pointing eventually 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 12/15/2020 at 10:25 AM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

wonder if they will repurpose some of the old brick and mortar pieces to fill in the half circle wall on the south like to make it look like the wall on the north side with the old iron gate....the old chain link is garbage.

Always loved the look on the North end 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They should also keep some of the old original brick and use it as a fund raising type of thing.  Some people may want to buy one of those old bricks for a few bucks a brick, this may have already been mentioned. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2020 at 10:25 AM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

wonder if they will repurpose some of the old brick and mortar pieces to fill in the half circle wall on the south like to make it look like the wall on the north side with the old iron gate....the old chain link is garbage.

2-Pages-from-20201019CC43MemorialVillag.

You are "looking" west. 

There is a brick wall depicted on the south. That may be your old bricks. 

I just noticed what looks like mixed use housing northwest of the field on the east end of what today is a bridge to nowhere and a parking lot. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

 

You are "looking" west. 

There is a brick wall depicted on the south. That may be your old bricks. 

I just noticed what looks like mixed use housing northwest of the field on the east end of what today is a bridge to nowhere and a parking lot. 

 

Yeah there's a bunch of it all along university in the UND master plan (both by the bridge to nowhere parking lot and west of wilki).  https://campus.und.edu/facilities-management/_files/docs/2018-master-plan.pdf

Interestingly, the UND athletics master plan doesn't show the buildings https://campus.und.edu/facilities-management/_files/docs/und-athletics-masterplan-0823.pdf

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...