SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

6 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Isn't this the 2nd or 3rd time already this season with CC and positive tests?
Hopefully they can still make it for the NCHC tourney in a couple weeks otherwise that will have to be rearranged.

3 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Isn't this the 2nd or 3rd time already this season with CC and positive tests?
Hopefully they can still make it for the NCHC tourney in a couple weeks otherwise that will have to be rearranged.

Can you say first round bye for UND?

Those cancellations remove any chance for a DU at large bid. Have to win the tourney.

4 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Would a first round bye for UND be good?  That would be a long layoff.

My understanding is that Miami finishes as the 8th seed regardless so we wouldn’t have played CC anyway. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

My understanding is that Miami finishes as the 8th seed regardless so we wouldn’t have played CC anyway. 

I believe if there needed to be a bye, I believe UND would get it because of their finish. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

After 2 times having to move games because of COVID, shouldn't the team be immune by now. 

I'm thinking the players are tired of the coaching staff and are munitying :wink:

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Would it not be more than enough time between as long as CC tests negative before the 12th.

8 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Would it not be more than enough time between as long as CC tests negative before the 12th.

Looks like in the POD covid protocol that close contacts must quarantine for 14 days so depending on the date of the positive test CC would be iffy at best as far as competing in the quarters.

21 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Looks like in the POD covid protocol that close contacts must quarantine for 14 days so depending on the date of the positive test CC would be iffy at best as far as competing in the quarters.

As per the GF Herald article regarding the cancellation of our series with Omaha earlier in season:

NCHC protocol requires teams to have 15 skaters, two goaltenders, two staff members and one medical professional available to play games.

48 minutes ago, tnt said:

Who get’s the 5th seed then, Denver or Western.   Does it go to winning percentage with uneven games?

How about worst moustache?   DU's Durflinger wins it hands down.  #magnumpi

51 minutes ago, tnt said:

Who get’s the 5th seed then, Denver or Western.   Does it go to winning percentage with uneven games?

Points per game. So Denver gets 5. Which I think they only needed couple points to pass Western and two games to do it anyways.

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

One last reminder by CC to everyone involved with the league that this is not the time to take any risks. No extended family, no conjugal visits, nothing.

These days going forward are huge for the program.  Anyone who has any type of close contacts with the hockey program has to be on high alert.

Home, to the rink, home, to the rink.

Can't imagine a positive test ending a great season.

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

These days going forward are huge for the program.  Anyone who has any type of close contacts with the hockey program has to be on high alert.

Home, to the rink, home, to the rink.

Can't imagine a positive test ending a great season.

True that. Those with impacts have clearly shown conditioning impacts in games played. Seems like Denver, UMD, and Omaha have been unable to play 60 minutes without significant periods of recovery. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

Points/game played

If that's the criteria ... both teams are done and can be compared

WMU 24 games, 33 pts: 1.375 ppg
DU 22 games, 31 pts: 1.409 ppg 

DU finishes fifth, WMU sixth. 

CC with 18 points in 22 games; Miami with 18 points in 24 games: CC seventh, Miami eighth. 

Basically, everything is now locked but SCSU/UMD for second/third. 

Here's the question:

If SCSU(today 14-9-0-0-2-3)/UMD (today 13-8-2-1-1-1) end up tied with 44 pts (meaning UMD wins in OT), who finishes second? 

EDIT: 

To my eyes (on these goofy standings) it looks like UMD has to win in regulation to finish second. If they win in OT or SO, yes, points are tied at 44, but SCSU will have more regulation wins and I think that's first tie breaker. 

OK, self-tooting of horn to follow, be warned. ;) 

These NCHC standings are a trainwreck

Let's go to a five-points per game system so it's easier to understand. It's the second half of the article here

In that system today the full standings would be ...

Team RW-OTW-SOW-SOL-OTL-RL Points

UND  16-2-0-1-0-4 90
SCSU  12-2-0-0-3-6 71
UMD 11-1-1-2-1-7 67
UNO 9-3-1-1-0-9 62
WMU 8-1-1-3-0-11 53
DU 8-0-1-1-2-10 47
CC 2-0-2-2-2-14 22
Mia 5-0-0-2-1-16 30

Miami would jump to seventh because of more credit (points) for regulation wins.
WMU would finish fifth by points and points per game. 

And it would be clear that UMD needs a regulation win to pass SCSU (as a four point lead in that system requires getting all five points to pass; an OTW and a 4/1 split gives SCSU the 72nd point and they stay second). 

So, inclosing, as I've said for years now: My system is better 'cause I sezs so. ;) 

Nadder-nadder-phoo-phoo. :D 

< puts soap box away >