SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

Bemidji beats LSSU 2-1 OT

Listening to the USCHO podcast they are saying a strong case can be made for Bemidji State being an at large team.  5 of their 11 wins have been against Mankato and Bowling Green who will be locks to make the national tourney.  With the ECAC most likely only putting Quinnipiac in the tourney it will leave room for a team like Bemidji State.  I think if Bemidji can win two games in the WCHA tourney they will be in as an at-large.  They could also have a really strong case with only one win in WCHA tourney.  Although the math gets fuzzy for the Beavers if Quinnipiac does not win ECA tourney.

7 hours ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Listening to the USCHO podcast they are saying a strong case can be made for Bemidji State being an at large team.  5 of their 11 wins have been against Mankato and Bowling Green who will be locks to make the national tourney.  With the ECAC most likely only putting Quinnipiac in the tourney it will leave room for a team like Bemidji State.  I think if Bemidji can win two games in the WCHA tourney they will be in as an at-large.  They could also have a really strong case with only one win in WCHA tourney.  Although the math gets fuzzy for the Beavers if Quinnipiac does not win ECA tourney.

They will get at least 2. Remember the wcha is doing traditional first round series and then single game eliminations for the semis and finals.

On 3/2/2021 at 10:43 AM, The Sicatoka said:

If that's the criteria ... both teams are done and can be compared

WMU 24 games, 33 pts: 1.375 ppg
DU 22 games, 31 pts: 1.409 ppg 

DU finishes fifth, WMU sixth. 

CC with 18 points in 22 games; Miami with 18 points in 24 games: CC seventh, Miami eighth. 

Basically, everything is now locked but SCSU/UMD for second/third. 

Here's the question:

If SCSU(today 14-9-0-0-2-3)/UMD (today 13-8-2-1-1-1) end up tied with 44 pts (meaning UMD wins in OT), who finishes second? 

EDIT: 

To my eyes (on these goofy standings) it looks like UMD has to win in regulation to finish second. If they win in OT or SO, yes, points are tied at 44, but SCSU will have more regulation wins and I think that's first tie breaker. 

First tie breaker is head to head.... 

12 hours ago, bale31 said:

They will get at least 2. Remember the wcha is doing traditional first round series and then single game eliminations for the semis and finals.

I hope the Beavers get in.  They are my second favorite college hockey team after the Sioux.  They really play an honest brand of hockey under Tom Serratore.

33 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Merrimack calling it a season. Non-competitors are less concerned with keeping tests negative, no doubt. Miami can't be thrilled about going to Grand Forks to get destroyed....

That has the makings of a trap game. Have to still play the game and beat them. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 1972 said:

so if you had covid in the previous 90 days, you wouldnt test negative, so you couldnt go....dumb

I've had COVID-19 and the both shots of the Vaccine but, I need a negative test? That's ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 1972 said:

so if you had covid in the previous 90 days, you wouldnt test negative, so you couldnt go....dumb

23 minutes ago, Goon said:

I've had COVID-19 and the both shots of the Vaccine but, I need a negative test? That's ridiculous. 

Still better than the NCAA just canceling the playoffs like last year. 
I’d rather the games actually happen, even if it meant no fans were allowed. 

6 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Still better than the NCAA just canceling the playoffs like last year. 
I’d rather the games actually happen, even if it meant no fans were allowed. 

oh for sure, but still dumb

Sounds like ASU forward Johnny Walker is returning to ASU for a 5th season using the new "covid year" rule.

I wonder how many other players will be taking advantage of this.
I'd love to see Gooch or Adams or Mismash, etc stay for another year.  :) 

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

Ohio State beats Arizona State 8-3

Cupcakes making bad teams look good 

Has Josh Doan signed his letter of intent with Arizona State?  Sure would have been nice to get him, but I’m sure his dad playing in Arizona for so long sealed the deal of him playing there.