SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Strange. I have internet only, and the UMass game isn't working for me, though that is listed as ESPNU. I just checked a Softball game that is playing on ESPN3 and that is working just fine, so assuming I will be able to get the game.

I have Hulu live and had to log on with my credentials to get the UND game to work. 

1 hour ago, nodakvindy said:

Fun fact: All 5 tourney games tomorrow will include a team for Minnesota.

I predict MnSCU goes 3-0, U system  0-2. 

So MnSCU is Bemidji, St Cloud, and Mankato and U system is Minny and Duluth?  Asking for a friend.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Kevin G said:

Bad ice isn't an excuse for losing, but for pete's sake, in the most important games of the year, why can't the NCAA honor the integrity of the game by making sure the playing conditions are satisfactory? For player safety AND for our viewing pleasure! 

Meanwhile, there are excellent ice-hockey facilities sitting unused all over the place that can't be used because they happen to be on campus. Makes no freaking sense to me.

This happens every year. For example. Fargo Force played a game last Saturday (3/20). They took the ice out on Sunday (3/21). NCAA came in and put down their logos on Monday and put down new ice.  Only way the new ice is decent at all is if it is set up for at least 4-5 days without high humidity or temps. never happens. I heard the temps in Bridgeport were in the 70s so the ice never truly set up.

Net result the regionals ice is almost always bad. It was bad two in Fargo two years ago when AIC beat SCSU which slowed down SCSU. 

8 hours ago, Stack said:

This happens every year. For example. Fargo Force played a game last Saturday (3/20). They took the ice out on Sunday (3/21). NCAA came in and put down their logos on Monday and put down new ice.  Only way the new ice is decent at all is if it is set up for at least 4-5 days without high humidity or temps. never happens. I heard the temps in Bridgeport were in the 70s so the ice never truly set up.

Net result the regionals ice is almost always bad. It was bad two in Fargo two years ago when AIC beat SCSU which slowed down SCSU. 

Sioux Falls had the best ice I’ve seen at a Regional. The uncomfortable part was that the arena was kept at 53 degrees. In Bridgeport yesterday I had heard them announce that the humidity was 93 percent. Pretty hard to keep ice.

12 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

Sioux Falls had the best ice I’ve seen at a Regional. The uncomfortable part was that the arena was kept at 53 degrees. In Bridgeport yesterday I had heard them announce that the humidity was 93 percent. Pretty hard to keep ice.

53 crookston keeps their arenas at 28

11 hours ago, Stack said:

This happens every year. For example. Fargo Force played a game last Saturday (3/20). They took the ice out on Sunday (3/21). NCAA came in and put down their logos on Monday and put down new ice.

Just to clarify, to put down new logos they simply shave a little ice down, put down logo and put water over it.  They don't melt the entire ice sheet.

It takes a long time to melt an entire sheet of ice.   Just the same, it takes a long time to put in a new sheet of ice.

The sheet of ice being used today is the same sheet of ice the Force played on.

Even at the Xcel they simply cover the ice for concerts or state tournaments (wrestling, dance, etc).  Could never get the ice out and in that quickly.

8 minutes ago, HockeyFan22 said:

Just to clarify, to put down new logos they simply shave a little ice down, put down logo and put water over it.  They don't melt the entire ice sheet.

It takes a long time to melt an entire sheet of ice.   Just the same, it takes a long time to put in a new sheet of ice.

The sheet of ice being used today is the same sheet of ice the Force played on.

Even at the Xcel they simply cover the ice for concerts or state tournaments (wrestling, dance, etc).  Could never get the ice out and in that quickly.

I was at the Force game on Friday, March 19 and the NCAA logos were already on the ice.

05ACAF85-DA69-4BF7-8D8B-A97AB9E9BAD6.jpeg