SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

7 hours ago, planetearth said:

Perspective all in one place. All numbers from CDC.

Number of deaths for leading causes of death:

• Heart disease: 647,457
  • Abortion: 623,471
  • Cancer: 599,108
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
  • Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
  • Diabetes: 83,564
  • Influenza and Pneumonia: 55,672
  • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis: 50,633
  • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

CDC considers abortion death, as in the aborted baby? If that's the case, would it be 623,471 murders?

15 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

By putting politics aside, I assume you mean one side will quit blaming the other for a futuristic worst case scenario outcome of a crisis that has barely started, and the other side will not have to waste time defending it's prior decisions to armchair quarterbacks. I sure hope you are right.   Although I have a hunch tonight at 7pm central on CNN you'll be proven wrong.  

Should've made myself clearer.  Despicable individuals like Sean Hannity and Rachel Maddow will never stop playing politics; that’s their gig, they sow division.  They and their type can go jump into a fire pit as far as I’m concerned.   By ‘putting politics aside’, I meant we’re at the point where Ted Cruz is retweeting AOC.  Whatever your politics, it’s a welcoming sight in a time like this.  We need everybody pulling on the same rope and everybody held to the highest level of accountability.  This isn't a time for amateur hour.  

8 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

This where $hit gets real...broke leads to desperation...desperation leads to bad stuff.  Powder keg is an understatement.broke

This......^^^^^

I think those of us that in ND or do not live in metropolitan areas should be thankful. Even in times like these people still (for the most) respect each other and are concerned for their neighbors and communities. 

You live in LA area like yzerman or NYC, CHI, BALT, ect......if this drags out for weeks, which most think it will, real life Hunger Games might make it to your TV screen.  17 murders on a normal July night in Chicago is called "summer".

7 hours ago, Sioux90 said:

CDC considers abortion death, as in the aborted baby? If that's the case, would it be 623,471 murders?

You can’t be serious.:silly:  No, the CDC doesn't consider abortion a death statistic.      

How did we get from coronavirus to the abortion is murder debate?  What’s wrong with you people.  Oh wait, I forgot, it’s the internet. 

For the normals in the building, what IS interesting about that chart is it confirms the overwhelming level of heart disease in this country, which, next to being elderly, is the #1 risk factor for coronavirus death.  This is a risk other countries haven't had to factor into their coronavirus equations; at least not en masse.  God help some of those places down south. lol.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

He was referring to the media, who were accusing him of doing nothing to prepare for the corona virus.  He called it their newest attempt to discredit him, aka their latest hoax.  

Listen to the entire clip of his statement sometime instead of the carefully edited videos from CNN.  

Or, just ask yourself, why would he order the first quarantine in 50 years when he ordered no travel from China on February 1st.   And then, on February 28th, call the Corona virus a hoax?   Hint:  the timeline of the main stream media's ridiculous accusations make zero sense.  

So was it a hoax?

Trump kept the blinders on for much too long. So many in the Republican Party stayed behind him and kept the message this is nothing to worry about. This all started when he declined to accept test kits from the WHO, a grave mistake that will likely result in the lives of many US citizens. We were assured for weeks by too many in the government that this was nothing to worry about. And now we are in scramble mode.

https://apple.news/A6aH5aMvaSYCYgB1MrnpU2w

8 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

So was it a hoax?

Trump kept the blinders on for much too long. So many in the Republican Party stayed behind him and kept the message this is nothing to worry about. This all started when he declined to accept test kits from the WHO, a grave mistake that will likely result in the lives of many US citizens. We were assured for weeks by too many in the government that this was nothing to worry about. And now we are in scramble mode.

https://apple.news/A6aH5aMvaSYCYgB1MrnpU2w

He is only responsible for the good stuff - I would stay off of 5th Ave in New York when he comes to town. 

1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I provided you with the facts of the ‘hoax’ situation.  when proven wrong, instead of admitting you were misled and wrong, you just move the goal posts.  Neither you or the president can admit when you’re wrong. 

The WHO and democrats admonished the president for shutting off travel from China on February 1st.   It turned out to be an excellent decision.  If the U.S. would’ve taken all those test kits, you would’ve complained orangemanbad took resources away from 3rd world countries that do not have the ability to manufacture their own test kits. 

This is Siouxsports, not a political site. If you want to continue spreading lies about hoaxes, and bitching and complaining about things you have no idea if they will make a difference, go ahead.  

Just don’t breathe on anyone. 

Instead of actually taking measures to protect US citizens, he was out calling out democrats and the media as this being their new hoax. And you see no problems with that?

The delay of preventing international flights coming into our country allowed more infected people to come in. In my opinion more incoming flights should have been prevented and much earlier. 

And no I wouldn’t have been upset if we accepted the test kits that were offered by the WHO. But the cat is now out of the bag. It’s here and it has spread more than we know.

The lengths you are going to defend your political views are laughable. I understand this is not a political site so maybe you should set your political views aside and look at what is best to protect your family right now and I will do the same. 

11 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Instead of actually taking measures to protect US citizens, he was out calling out democrats and the media as this being their new hoax. And you see no problems with that?

The delay of preventing international flights coming into our country allowed more infected people to come in. In my opinion more incoming flights should have been prevented and much earlier. 

And no I wouldn’t have been upset if we accepted the test kits that were offered by the WHO. But the cat is now out of the bag. It’s here and it has spread more than we know.

The lengths you are going to defend your political views are laughable. I understand this is not a political site so maybe you should set your political views aside and look at what is best to protect your family right now and I will do the same. 

The lengths you go to blame this on the President is laughable.  But that's the times we are in.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I am not protecting the president. I’m separating the facts from your fiction. 

My only viewpoint is anyone who believes this is a serious, worldwide pandemic and is trying to make political hay out of the situation by second guessing everything, is pathetic. 

6 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

It’s a great time to invest

90%+ of this country is in no shape to do that.   They'll be excited to pay for rent in June...….if possible.

21 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I am not protecting the president. I’m separating the facts from your fiction. 

My only viewpoint is anyone who believes this is a serious, worldwide pandemic and is trying to make political hay out of the situation by second guessing everything, is pathetic. 

I don’t think most are trying to make this a political hay. I am unhappy about the lack of steps that have been taken to protect US citizens, including my family. 

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

I don’t think most are trying to make this a political hay. I am unhappy about the lack of steps that have been taken to protect US citizens, including my family. 

What are you looking for the government to do specifically for you and your family?

This is why I wanted to close the markets yesterday.  Wealth is evaporating, and even those who have significant assets are not buying.  If anything they’re betting both ways. 

We haven’t seen the ripple effect yet, which will be massive.

• Upvote 2

Half the problem is that this entire situation has been politicized from the start, by both sides.  Even the extent of how one prepares for the oncoming virus can have political under-linings. Yesterday I read an article about some religious nutjobs who are denying the existence of covid-19 as a means of ‘owning the liberals’.  Darwin Award?