SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

10 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

The problem with the study you cited is the prevalence and ease of angelicizing one's name, as immigrants have done for generations, Jews did in early Hollywood, and Asians are now doing in droves to combat discrimination in college admissions. A better example would be the study of people's reactions to different races when crossing paths with them alone in the dark. Everyone was afraid of crossing a black male in that situation.

Even Jesse Jackson had a quote relating to the fact that he felt safer when he heard footsteps and turned around to find out it was a white person.  Once again I'll go back to asking why is that?  I've always subscribed to the idea that you shouldn't start blaming others for your shortcomings until you have your own backyard in reasonably good order.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

One of my biggest frustrations with liberals of late is the "microaggression" nonsense, and here's why:

I've long held that focusing on racism overlooks a bigger problem: classism. In the same situation, if the black male is dressed in a suit and tie, and the white male appears to be homeless, you'll be more afraid of the white male. But saying this is a "microagression" and will get you written up in your sociology/anthropology 101 course these days, even if you say trigger warning. Drives me nuts.

If I could like this 1000x, I would.

Fear of someone is all in how they are presenting themselves, right or wrong. If I see a person who is well groomed, walking tall and confident and making eye contact, I’m not fearful. In the absence of those things, I’m keeping my eyes on you for any quick movements and I’ll react accordingly. (Notice how I didn’t mention race, these are universal truths and we are hardwired genetically to see certain dress patterns, posture and body language to obtain cues about trust and fear)

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

If I could like this 1000x, I would.

Fear of someone is all in how they are presenting themselves, right or wrong. If I see a person who is well groomed, walking tall and confident and making eye contact, I’m not fearful. In the absence of those things, I’m keeping my eyes on you for any quick movements and I’ll react accordingly. (Notice how I didn’t mention race, these are universal truths and we are hardwired genetically to see certain dress patterns, posture and body language to obtain cues about trust and fear)

People are often quick to stereotype in search of an easy conclusion. Not all Native Americans (actually, very very few) have huge sums of cash waiting for them when they turn 18, but if you live in certain parts of Minnesota, those are the only Native Americans you'll ever encounter, potentially leading to an incorrect perception and stereotype.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

People are often quick to stereotype in search of an easy conclusion. Not all Native Americans (actually, very very few) have huge sums of cash waiting for them when they turn 18, but if you live in certain parts of Minnesota, those are the only Native Americans you'll ever encounter, potentially leading to an incorrect perception and stereotype.

Exactly. The real disease is the identity policies that have normalized being able to assume stereotypes. 

When I grew up, I was encouraged to judge each person on their actions individually. It seems we have gotten further away from individual identities and it is very harmful. 

• Upvote 2

Incarceration rates of minorities are tied to systemic racism.  

But, don't let a Harvard study make the cult try to spin this into something else.  After all, they have Black friends...

https://www.theroot.com/a-judge-asked-harvard-to-find-out-why-so-many-black-peo-1845017462?utm_source=pocket-newtab

A Judge Asked Harvard to Find Out Why So Many Black People Were In Prison. They Could Only Find 1 Answer: Systemic Racism

After gathering the raw numbers from nearly every government agency in the state’s criminal justice system, examining the data, and researching the disparate outcomes, Harvard Law School’s Criminal Justice Policy Program found that Black incarcerees received more severe charges, harsher sentences and less favorable outcomes than their white counterparts. They looked at more than a million cases, from the initial charges through the conviction and sentencing, and discovered disparities that could not be explained by logic or reason.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

What's interesting is that many Trump supporters assert that federal and state institutions are horribly corrupt and the 'deep state' is everywhere, yet the institution of law enforcement remains impeccably clean.  The only bad actor is the rare unethical policeman.   Hmmm....

In the real world, when a government is corrupt, its dept. of justice and law enforcement agencies are always one of the first entities compromised.  This isn't rocket science.  

Exactly. Look what Barry did to the FBI & the IRS.

9 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

But, don't let a Harvard study make the cult try to spin this into something else.  After all, they have Black friends...

https://www.theroot.com/a-judge-asked-harvard-to-find-out-why-so-many-black-peo-1845017462?utm_source=pocket-newtab

A Judge Asked Harvard to Find Out Why So Many Black People Were In Prison. They Could Only Find 1 Answer: Systemic Racism

After gathering the raw numbers from nearly every government agency in the state’s criminal justice system, examining the data, and researching the disparate outcomes, Harvard Law School’s Criminal Justice Policy Program found that Black incarcerees received more severe charges, harsher sentences and less favorable outcomes than their white counterparts. They looked at more than a million cases, from the initial charges through the conviction and sentencing, and discovered disparities that could not be explained by logic or reason.

Wouldnt have anything to do with the fact they were breaking the law would it????  JFC

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

So, right wing nut jobs went hunting for "antifi" that they believe started the fires in Oregon.

Surely the cult here isn't stupid enough to believe antifi started these fires?   

LMFAO.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/wildfires-rage-false-antifa-rumors-spur-pleas-police-n1239881

A cop got put on leave for posting a video blaming Antifa for the wildfires. The union is working hard to defend his right to post that online!

5 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

A cop got put on leave for posting a video blaming Antifa for the wildfires. The union is working hard to defend his right to post that online!

Its too bad they are in a position to defend their member.

Obviously that suspended officer should not be in a position of authority and trust.  Any officer posting obvious lies to support indefensible positions to rouse white nationalists and racism should lose their jobs. 

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/6661381-As-coronavirus-cases-continue-on-North-Dakota-campuses-health-officials-look-to-change-approach-to-testing

Going forward, the system is looking to be more strategic in how and where it tests, said Vern Dosch, the state's contact tracing administrator who is spearheading the testing effort in North Dakota.....

The system, along with health officials, are focusing on targeted testing, Dosch said. That could include working with the universities to target a certain dorm or Greek life. It also could include students who work with vulnerable populations or those who work in close quarters labs, where social distancing isn’t always possible, he said. Testing resources will continue to be available to students who are showing symptoms, Dosch said. Health officials also would look at targeted hot spots as they come up.

11 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Grrrr.   These 'biased snowflake studies' are ruining the entire talking point.    

Asian job applicants with “whitened” first names received a 7 percent higher callback rate than those with “ethnically Asian” first names. 

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/0001839216639577

define "whitened"

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

To do a thorough job there is no way they did a million records.  That's why we have trials to get all the evidence.  But really did you think Harvard would come up with anything else!

• Downvote 1