SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

On 8/31/2020 at 10:12 AM, Hayduke1 said:

The constitution requires a count of people, not citizens.  Been happening since our founding. 

So who were the racists? The Northern antislavery states that wouldn’t let the south count slaves as whole people in their population, or the South because they wanted the slaves to count towards more population so they would have more power in the electoral college?

or was both sides racist? Asking for a cult friend?

1 hour ago, Ranger said:

Seems Money failed/skipped world history!?

Mask. 
Star of David. 

Forced to wear when in public to let the world know who is in charge and who is subservient.

Bucks’ analogy isn’t so far off. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

it's actually spot on imo....

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Mask. 
Star of David. 

Forced to wear when in public to let the world know who is in charge and who is subservient.

Bucks’ analogy isn’t so far off. 

Of course you two believe so... wouldn’t expect anything less.

• Downvote 2

7 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

So really we are back to limiting life for the majority for the high risk minority? A minority  that "science" has made clear from day 1. What % of that 15-29 age group that tested positive are asymptomatic? What % of classes currently at UND face to face?

Some of you would be shocked at the feelings of a good chunk of those older than 70. They are Covid19 exhausted.  Mentally drained by it.  Lonely. Depressed. Hopeless.

Golden years.......

More restrictions in GF? Like what are you hearing?

Thompson kindergarden class quarantined.

15 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I read UND's president was quoted that a vaccince would get the university  systems back to normal (or close to it).

It sounds like he’s not exactly happy about the inconsistency (und mask mandate vs no mandate off campus). He’s gone so far to comment that they want to keep kids here in school but if things get worse students will be sent home and this will hurt grand forks’ economy.

Ball is in the mayor’s court.

For those with a legal background......NDSU is quarantining Greek houses with a Covid case and will expel any student who leaves their Greek house under quarantine for any reason other than an "emergency".  Can the university have legal protection doing this?

4 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

It sounds like he’s not exactly happy about the inconsistency (und mask mandate vs no mandate off campus). He’s gone so far to comment that they want to keep kids here in school but if things get worse students will be sent home and this will hurt grand forks’ economy.

Ball is in the mayor’s court.

I can see the President's point at this stage but UND just had another testing drive yesterday for students, faculty and staff. A city wide mask mandate is irrelevant to UND and keeping the campus open and I think Bo knows that. UND will continue to get the numbers it needs to see so that they say let's shut campus down......again.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

It sounds like he’s not exactly happy about the inconsistency (und mask mandate vs no mandate off campus). He’s gone so far to comment that they want to keep kids here in school but if things get worse students will be sent home and this will hurt grand forks’ economy. Ball is in the mayor’s court.

UND wants to keep kids in school to keep the dorm revenue......they won't be sent home until the refund stage has passed for that.

UND has already buckled by allowing so many face to face class to go online this semester. 

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Almost as if someone is able to pull the strings to their liking at the cdc. Hmm...

I’ll assume you are talking about Trump. So four months ago when the cdc was  recommending locking everything down and other draconian measures, you think that was Trump pulling the strings? C’mon, you can’t just say it’s Trump every time you disagree with it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I’ll assume you are talking about Trump. So four months ago when the cdc was  recommending locking everything down and other draconian measures, you think that was Trump pulling the strings? C’mon, you can’t just say it’s Trump every time you disagree with it.

Also, your post doesn’t address my initial post and a point I’ve been making since day one of this disaster. I keep hearing trust the experts, ok, which experts are you referring to?

39 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

The white house gets regular surveillance testing. So do professional sports. Why don’t schools?

Because everyone knows on the scale of being "essential" the POTUS and an overpaid, uneducated, opinionated power forward are on the same level.

To your question what are you looking to accomplish? Who gets tested? How often?