SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

39 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

"depends on what the definition of the word is is?"  bill clinton

So.  Clinton?

Lol

Was that another suggestion from your Reich wing masters? 

I know.  Thinking on your own is hard for you.  It's good for you when your cult leaders give you talking points. 

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

sowell says when talking with libs...make them define their words...define "effective"

"Effective" on the vaccine front according to Fauci and the CDC is 50% or above. 

9 hours ago, Bison06 said:

What is your obsession with masks? Every place they have gone with mandatory mask use in the US we haven’t seen a decrease in spread. This is not my opinion, I wear a mask. 

Is it just about obedience with this topic or why have you decided that mask use is the lynchpin here?

I was wondering is @Redneksioux and @hayduke1 are the same person?  They're kind of parroting the same things. Anyone? Personally, I wear a mask everywhere in public (most places require that) but that’s my decision. It’s not my decision or right to lecture anyone about not wearing a mask. It’s called individual freedom to choose. 

4 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

sure as long as you keep that stance once you infect your grandmother.

Who the hell visits their grandmother in person during a pandemic! Masks or no masks thats too big of a risk. I have seen my grandma once since this all started and still didn’t want to go. No one should have contact with any old people. The old and the unhealthy should be mandated to stay home and isolated that is best for their own protection!

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Goon said:

This is horrifying. This happened to a police officer that was in his home. Unacceptable. 

The cop is fricken black!!! !@#$ these white people lecturing a black man! These people should be locked up for violating his freedom and presumption of innocence!

6 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Who the hell visits their grandmother in person during a pandemic! Masks or no masks thats too big of a risk. I have seen my grandma once since this all started and still didn’t want to go. No one should have contact with any old people. The old and the unhealthy should be mandated to stay home and isolated that is best for their own protection!

That's a good question, our in laws don't let us get within 6 feet of them. We haven't had much time with them since this horrible virus hit us. 

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

The cop is fricken black!!! !@#$ these white people lecturing a black man! These people should be locked up for violating his freedom and presumption of innocence!

Or...   not sure which, but we know how Goon overreacts....

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/rep-bowen-says-officer-mensah-provoked-crowd-refutes-claims-he-was-assaulted

https://www.jsonline.com/story/communities/west/news/wauwatosa/2020/08/10/rep-david-bowen-milwaukee-disputes-officer-joseph-mensahs-story/3340324001/

4 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

How is supporting the men and women in blue overreacting? Most normal people I know don't vilify the police. Yes, there are bad cops, however, very few are corrupt. 

I am going to believe the police over a politician with an axe to grind. 

Renae Johnson watched it unfold. (Link to the Post)

“It was loud. There was a lot of mayhem and people were screaming. They were on the bullhorns and you know saying you should be arrested,” Johnson said. “I know that there was one gunshot. I heard it.”

Wauwatosa police said a group of about 50 to 60 people gathered around the home of Mensah’s girlfriend and vandalized it. They said as Mensah tried to talk with the crowd, he was physically assaulted, and that someone in the group fired a shot at the backdoor.

13 minutes ago, Goon said:

How is supporting the men and women in blue overreacting? Most normal people I know don't vilify the police. Yes, there are bad cops, however, very few are corrupt. 

I am going to believe the police over a politician with an axe to grind. 

Renae Johnson watched it unfold. (Link to the Post)

yup.

You do like to overreact. 

Lol

We will see how this shakes out.

In the meantime, do enjoy some water cannon, tear gas and rubber bullet videos.  You would be perfect for a lynch mob. Thank goodness you can't gather that much power. 

In the meantime, here is part of the State Representative's statement:

"In the streets every single day are brave Wisconsinites who have protested peacefully for over 70 days, singing and chanting in the streets for change. All of them agree on one important issue: justice has not been served for victims and their families. Joseph Mensah choosing to come out of his house aggressively to provoke these passionate people, many of whom have lost someone they loved, who want to change this broken system is disturbing. None of them displayed any behavior to welcome the provoking threats of violence by Joseph Mensah.

The victim narrative put forth by Mensah and now the Wauwatosa Police Department is totally inaccurate, irresponsible and false. In my time at the protest in front of Mensah’s home, I personally felt threatened by his actions: spraying pepper spray into the crowd, yelling & inviting protestors to fight him, taking his big dog out to potentially attack people. What ‘responsible’ person, supposedly looking for a peaceful conversation, would do those things?"

2 hours ago, Goon said:

I was wondering is @Redneksioux and @hayduke1 are the same person?  They're kind of parroting the same things. Anyone? Personally, I wear a mask everywhere in public (most places require that) but that’s my decision. It’s not my decision or right to lecture anyone about not wearing a mask. It’s called individual freedom to choose. 

I wonder if you are often wrong. What thugs have I parroted?

6 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I wonder if you are often wrong. What thugs have I parroted?

He's onto me. 

Or is it us?

Oh, wtf.  It's just paranoid Goon again. He probably thinks Antifa is outside his door, peeking inside. 

Lol. 

38 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Cass County in ND has the highest number of total and active cases in the state yet the last death in Cass County was 28 days ago IIRC.

The first question I would ask. How many of their positives are asymptomatic? Second question Is the virus getting weaker? 

11 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Cass County in ND has the highest number of total and active cases in the state yet the last death in Cass County was 28 days ago IIRC.

It's hard to believe for some people.  When folks 60 and under get it, instead of the nursing home crowd, it's statistically a mild flu.  Obviously there are outliers with bad results in that demographic, but not as many as with the flu.  Amazing what happens when the vulnerable are protected.

Statistics are our friend.  The data on this one is so clear as far as who is at potential risk.  Statistically, 80 percent of the population would be better off getting Covid than the flu.

• Upvote 2

interesting...

August 4, 2020

AS I SEE IT

By Neal A. Shipman

Farmer Editor

When a North Dakota resident is reported by the North Dakota Department of Health as having died of the COVID-19 virus it becomes big news. And it should be news considering how alarmed the public can be when the number of coronavirus cases start rising in the state as they have been for the past several weeks.
But there is a big difference when the state reports a person of dying either “with” or “of” COVID-19.
As the terms imply, if a person dies “with” COVID, it means that at one time or another that person tested positive for the virus prior to their death. The actual cause of the death could have been any number of underlying health conditions, but the official death certificate lists the virus as the cause.
But if that person dies “of” COVID, then it can safely be assumed that the virus was the primary cause of that individual’s death.
So why am I addressing the difference between “with” and “of” in this week’s column?
The answer is because last week North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum, during a July 28 press briefing, reported that a McKenzie County woman in her 20s with no underlying health conditions had died “with” COVID and that she was the youngest person to die of the virus in the state.
Immediately we, at the McKenzie County Farmer began trying to find out as much information as we could as to the circumstances of this young woman’s death. We realized that we could not obtain any direct information from the state regarding the woman’s death, but we were able to piece together some details. Unfortunately, we have not been able to confirm any of the details.
This is what we have learned. The McKenzie County woman had previously tested positive for COVID-19, but the North Dakota Health Department did not provide any information as to how long ago she tested positive. But based on the unconfirmed information that we received from multiple sources, it is very apparent that she did not die “from” the virus but rather from an unconfirmed drug overdose.
So theoretically, on July 28, a McKenzie County woman did die. And at some point and time, she had tested positive for COVID-19, which is why she was reported as having died “with” COVID-19.
Obviously, the system that the state uses to report the number of COVID-related deaths has been in place since the pandemic began. But like many North Dakotans, I wish that the death information would be more specific.
For example, as of Monday, Aug. 3, the North Dakota Health Department’s website indicates that 105 state residents have tested positive and died from any cause while infected with the virus, while 91 of those had COVID-19 died as stated on the official death record. Included in the 105 tally is another 10, whose deaths list something other than COVID as the official cause of death. And another four  who died, but did not have a positive test result, were presumed to be positive by a health care provider based on symptoms and/or exposure.
If, as we suspect, we are going to have to live with the coronavirus for years to come, it is important that we truly understand just how dangerous the virus is to the general public. But right now, there are many North Dakotans who are questioning the number of deaths that are being linked to COVID-19.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 1972 said:

interesting...

August 4, 2020

AS I SEE IT

By Neal A. Shipman

Farmer Editor

When a North Dakota resident is reported by the North Dakota Department of Health as having died of the COVID-19 virus it becomes big news. And it should be news considering how alarmed the public can be when the number of coronavirus cases start rising in the state as they have been for the past several weeks.
But there is a big difference when the state reports a person of dying either “with” or “of” COVID-19.
As the terms imply, if a person dies “with” COVID, it means that at one time or another that person tested positive for the virus prior to their death. The actual cause of the death could have been any number of underlying health conditions, but the official death certificate lists the virus as the cause.
But if that person dies “of” COVID, then it can safely be assumed that the virus was the primary cause of that individual’s death.
So why am I addressing the difference between “with” and “of” in this week’s column?
The answer is because last week North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum, during a July 28 press briefing, reported that a McKenzie County woman in her 20s with no underlying health conditions had died “with” COVID and that she was the youngest person to die of the virus in the state.
Immediately we, at the McKenzie County Farmer began trying to find out as much information as we could as to the circumstances of this young woman’s death. We realized that we could not obtain any direct information from the state regarding the woman’s death, but we were able to piece together some details. Unfortunately, we have not been able to confirm any of the details.
This is what we have learned. The McKenzie County woman had previously tested positive for COVID-19, but the North Dakota Health Department did not provide any information as to how long ago she tested positive. But based on the unconfirmed information that we received from multiple sources, it is very apparent that she did not die “from” the virus but rather from an unconfirmed drug overdose.
So theoretically, on July 28, a McKenzie County woman did die. And at some point and time, she had tested positive for COVID-19, which is why she was reported as having died “with” COVID-19.
Obviously, the system that the state uses to report the number of COVID-related deaths has been in place since the pandemic began. But like many North Dakotans, I wish that the death information would be more specific.
For example, as of Monday, Aug. 3, the North Dakota Health Department’s website indicates that 105 state residents have tested positive and died from any cause while infected with the virus, while 91 of those had COVID-19 died as stated on the official death record. Included in the 105 tally is another 10, whose deaths list something other than COVID as the official cause of death. And another four  who died, but did not have a positive test result, were presumed to be positive by a health care provider based on symptoms and/or exposure.
If, as we suspect, we are going to have to live with the coronavirus for years to come, it is important that we truly understand just how dangerous the virus is to the general public. But right now, there are many North Dakotans who are questioning the number of deaths that are being linked to COVID-19.

bingo! i brought this up a week or so ago about cdc numbers....why are we using the term "with" instead of "of"...is burgrum a rhino or just scared to stop this damn madness!!

• Upvote 4

imagine a cop a year ago walking into a basement where a 20 year old guy had just shot his face off with a shotgun and the cop sees dayquil and snot filled tissues on his nightstand and turns to the detective walking in the door and says..."another flu death."

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic