SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

You're a special kind of dumb.

You would remove my choice whether to wear a mask and happily replace it with my choice to wear a completely useless mask, and you don't see a problem with that.

The only spread I wish I could have prevented was the spread of your mom's legs.

Different effectiveness of masks, that's all.  

There is enough of a problem getting selfish narcissists to wear masks at all much less a mask that works more efficiently than others.

So, wear a mask and STHU, snowflake.

3 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Different effectiveness of masks, that's all.  

There is enough of a problem getting selfish narcissists to wear masks at all much less a mask that works more efficiently than others.

So, wear a mask and STHU, snowflake.

Serious question for you, if “wear a mask and STHU” turns into “get a vaccine and STHU” will you feel the same way?

2 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

You're a special kind of dumb.

You would remove my choice whether to wear a mask and happily replace it with my choice to wear a completely useless mask, and you don't see a problem with that.

The only spread I wish I could have prevented was the spread of your mom's legs.

Are you such a d bag in real life too?

You can choose what you want, I don't really care. What irks me is your drive to influence others to not wear a mask. 

17 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

If there is an effective vaccine, yes.

So now you've graduated to medical fascism. Wonderful. 

As we've all been saying since the get go, it'll never be enough for you or people who think like you.

Medical decisions need to be between doctor and patient and never politicized.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

If there is an effective vaccine, yes.

I hope some day there is an intervention that you disagree with and are forced to comply with so you can see how awful it is that you think you can tell people how to live their lives

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bison06 said:

What is your obsession with masks? Every place they have gone with mandatory mask use in the US we haven’t seen a decrease in spread. This is not my opinion, I wear a mask. 

Is it just about obedience with this topic or why have you decided that mask use is the lynchpin here?

As long as the anti-mask rhetoric continues I will fight on. I don’t understand why someone would willfully use their voice to get less people wearing masks, when they are proven to help slow the spread of covid. We have limited options to defend ourselves here, and while we continue to lose the battle we have some that would just rather let things go. 

19 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

So now you've graduated to medical fascism. Wonderful. 

As we've all been saying since the get go, it'll never be enough for you or people who think like you.

Medical decisions need to be between doctor and patient and never politicized.

Public safety is not a political issue.

JHC, the cult is insane...

13 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

As long as the anti-mask rhetoric continues I will fight on. I don’t understand why someone would willfully use their voice to get less people wearing masks, when they are proven to help slow the spread of covid. We have limited options to defend ourselves here, and while we continue to lose the battle we have some that would just rather let things go. 

Proven, you keep using this word as if it’s true.

California has had a mandatory mask mandate since the middle of June. Check their numbers. Masking simply isn’t helping, this isn’t my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Public safety is not a political issue.

JHC, the cult is insane...

Insane is telling people they have to put something in their bloodstream to make you feel safe.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Proven, you keep using this word as if it’s true.

California has had a mandatory mask mandate since the middle of June. Check their numbers. Masking simply isn’t helping, this isn’t my opinion.

Insane is telling people they have to put something in their bloodstream to make you feel safe.

Are masks being worn with 100% compliance? Have you seen any studies show that masks not working are the reason for continued spread in California? 

Instead of the KNOX drivel, I will listen to this....

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/417906/still-confused-about-masks-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent#:~:text=But health experts say the,people wearing masks%2C the better.

and

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449

and

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2020/06/stanford-scientists-contribute-to-who-mask-guidelines.html

and 

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/coronavirus-face-masks-what-you-need-to-know

17 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Do you even realize that you posted articles that are all quoting the cdc recommendations? And none of those are actual studies.

I’m not an “anti-masker”, what I am looking for is some sort of proof they work. Cases around the country simply don’t support that.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Do you even realize that you posted articles that are all quoting the cdc recommendations? And none of those are actual studies.

I’m not an “anti-masker”, what I am looking for is some sort of proof they work. Cases around the country simply don’t support that.

I know you aren't an anti-masker, you're a Bison fan but I won't hold that against you:)

Here's the NIH study...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7191274/

and here's the study that even shows the effectiveness of different types of masks...

https://aip.scitation.org/doi/10.1063/5.0016018

6 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I know you aren't an anti-masker, you're a Bison fan but I won't hold that against you:)

Here's the NIH study...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7191274/

and here's the study that even shows the effectiveness of different types of masks...

https://aip.scitation.org/doi/10.1063/5.0016018

You can hold it against me, everybody else does here when we are arguing about fun things like football and recruiting.

I read through your studies, the first one has nothing to do with Covid-19, they are using data on Influenza. Call me crazy, but I’ve been told no less than 1k times in the last 5 months that “it’s not the F’ing Flu”. Ok it’s not the flu so how can we use data from the flu?

Second one, I agree with you in theory, as this link also just tests for respiratory jet reduction which is obvious to me. Clearly wearing a mask holds in a respiratory expulsion during a sneeze or talking. That’s not a question in my mind. What is a question is if masks are effective in reducing the spread of covid 19. Not in theory, in the real world. So far, we haven’t seen masks change the trajectory of the infection rate in a meaningful way. We haven’t seen people be able to get their kids back to school with a mask mandate, we haven’t seen sports be able to move forward with a mask mandate. 

For me it isn’t about the mask, for me it’s the precedent it sets. Just look at the comments from Hayduke, vaccine mandate or public shaming is right around the corner and the mask mandate set the precedent for it. That’s my problem with masks.

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You can hold it against me, everybody else does here when we are arguing about fun things like football and recruiting.

I read through your studies, the first one has nothing to do with Covid-19, they are using data on Influenza. Call me crazy, but I’ve been told no less than 1k times in the last 5 months that “it’s not the F’ing Flu”. Ok it’s not the flu so how can we use data from the flu?

Second one, I agree with you in theory, as this link also just tests for respiratory jet reduction which is obvious to me. Clearly wearing a mask holds in a respiratory expulsion during a sneeze or talking. That’s not a question in my mind. What is a question is if masks are effective in reducing the spread of covid 19. Not in theory, in the real world. So far, we haven’t seen masks change the trajectory of the infection rate in a meaningful way. We haven’t seen people be able to get their kids back to school with a mask mandate, we haven’t seen sports be able to move forward with a mask mandate. 

For me it isn’t about the mask, for me it’s the precedent it sets. Just look at the comments from Hayduke, vaccine mandate or public shaming is right around the corner and the mask mandate set the precedent for it. That’s my problem with masks.

It's not the flu, but it's a respiratory disease spread by droplets, or is it airborne, I guess that depends what medical expert or hospital system you listen to. 

The fact of the matter is, masks help. There's a doctor that post here frequently, and I have reason to believe he's not on the left side. Even he has stated that masks help. Real world studies would be nice but I'm not aware of any. It's not too hard to go back and look how mask use in asian countries have assisted in overcoming past epidemics though. these countries have also had a better covid19 outcomes...

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/06/200624082657.htm

As for precedants, there's shaming going on on both sides....I've been shamed here for supporting mask use, been called a sheep, or even today was told my mother never should have opened her legs. I understand there's whackos on both sides. Not going to try and fix stupid.

10 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

It's not the flu, but it's a respiratory disease spread by droplets, or is it airborne, I guess that depends what medical expert or hospital system you listen to. 

The fact of the matter is, masks help. There's a doctor that post here frequently, and I have reason to believe he's not on the left side. Even he has stated that masks help. Real world studies would be nice but I'm not aware of any. It's not too hard to go back and look how mask use in asian countries have assisted in overcoming past epidemics though. these countries have also had a better covid19 outcomes...

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/06/200624082657.htm

As for precedants, there's shaming going on on both sides....I've been shamed here for supporting mask use, been called a sheep, or even today was told my mother never should have opened her legs. I understand there's whackos on both sides. Not going to try and fix stupid.

Well, for what’s it worth from a random avatar on a message board, I’ve found discourse with you to be useful. Conversation about important topics is far more important than many people realize and it is a true travesty that our culture has gotten to a point that we are unable to discuss the truly important things without it devolving into personal attacks and people retreating to their respective echo chambers. 
I wear a mask for 10 hours a day, I’m just simply not a fan of telling others how to love their lives as that is the respect I expect from others. 
I like to hear differing opinions and would argue fervently and if needed sacrifice much more for every American’s right to express theirs as well. I fear we are headed for a future where expressing one’s opinions will no longer be allowed. I hope I am wrong.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

sowell says when talking with libs...make them define their words...define "effective"

Exactly...

I' d start also asking them to define .."fact" of the matter is 

They 99.9999999 out of 100 times can't. Because there is no fact to back it up, just rhetoric drivel coming from their own desires.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Can’t believe how much time some of you spend on here. Whatever turns your crank I guess. Carry on 

Thanks to Covid-19, some of us have a hell of a lot more free time than we used to.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Since people are being verbally and physically attacked in public when they don't wear a mask I would assume it is alright if I am wearing a mask or Gaiter and I see someone with an N95 mask with an exhaust valve it would be alright to read them the riot act and/or beat the holy living !@#$ out of them as they would be the greatest danger to everyone near them.? I would assume people would use common sense and if someone isn't wearing a mask that you would stay further away from them than someone with a mask, even if subconsciously.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic