SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

My daughter just informed me this morning that of her 6 classes (18 credits) at UND her class schedule has been changed again. She's down to one class face to face. One hybrid and 4 online. Ridiculous. Another lame college experience this fall semester brought to you by UND.

Obviously too many Dexter Perkins type professors on campus.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

My daughter just informed me this morning that of her 6 classes (18 credits) at UND her class schedule has been changed again. She's down to one class face to face. One hybrid and 4 online. Ridiculous. Another lame college experience this fall semester brought to you by UND.

Obviously too many Dexter Perkins type professors on campus.

Most schools are changing their modalities.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2020/08/12/hundreds-colleges-walk-back-fall-reopening-plans-and-opt-online-only-instruction

August Wave of Campus Reopening Reversals

Hundreds of colleges announced early this summer they would be reopening for in-person instruction this fall. As start dates near, many backtrack, citing a worsening health crisis.

1 minute ago, Hayduke1 said:

Most schools are changing their modalities.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2020/08/12/hundreds-colleges-walk-back-fall-reopening-plans-and-opt-online-only-instruction

August Wave of Campus Reopening Reversals

Hundreds of colleges announced early this summer they would be reopening for in-person instruction this fall. As start dates near, many backtrack, citing a worsening health crisis.

"Worsening health crisis"........IALTO. Especially in GF and Cass counties where your two major state universities are.

Apparently the "in class wear a mask" mandate isn't the answer.

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

That’s odd, his parents are choosing what school he goes to. What happened to distant learning not being the answer and schools must reopen?

Lol.  Even the Gov. of NY agrees that students should be back in school.  

Correct me if I’m wrong but the school was planning on starting in person but was told by the county just very recently that in person classes would not be allowed.  Is that over reach by the county dictating what private schools do?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, homer said:

Lol.  Even the Gov. of NY agrees that students should be back in school.  

Correct me if I’m wrong but the school was planning on starting in person but was told by the county just very recently that in person classes would not be allowed.  Is that over reach by the county dictating what private schools do?

Not that it matters but there’s plenty of info out there from three weeks ago stating this school was planning on either a part time hybrid plan or entirely online, with a final decision coming this week.

25 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Not that it matters but there’s plenty of info out there from three weeks ago stating this school was planning on either a part time hybrid plan or entirely online, with a final decision coming this week.

So they were making plans to have students back in the classroom and were told they couldn’t.  County Gov’t made the decision a decision for them that they were planning on making themselves   

It does matter because your post was intended to make it sound as Trump want sending his child to in person class when he fact is the school was told they couldn’t have in person classes.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I'll repost.

Trump said, that “all schools should be making plans to resume in-person classes as soon as possible.”

And this particular school was until they were told they can’t.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, homer said:

So they were making plans to have students back in the classroom and were told they couldn’t.  County Gov’t made the decision a decision for them that they were planning on making themselves   

It does matter because your post was intended to make it sound as Trump want sending his child to in person class when he fact is the school was told they couldn’t have in person classes.  

they were not planning for full time in person classes they were planning for online only or a hybrid model.

• Upvote 1

"For your country right now and for the war that we're in against Covid, I'm asking you to do four simple things: wear a mask, social distance, wash your hands and be smart about crowds," said Dr. Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"I'm not asking some of America to do it," he told WebMD. "We all gotta do it."

Without following the recommendations, this could be "the worst fall, from a public health perspective, we've ever had," he said. In addition to taking measures to combat the pandemic, people should also get a flu vaccine
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-coronavirus-the-cdc-issued-a-dire-warning-for-the-fall/ar-BB17UdHR?ocid=msedgdhp

16 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

"For your country right now and for the war that we're in against Covid, I'm asking you to do four simple things: wear a mask, social distance, wash your hands and be smart about crowds," said Dr. Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"I'm not asking some of America to do it," he told WebMD. "We all gotta do it."

Without following the recommendations, this could be "the worst fall, from a public health perspective, we've ever had," he said. In addition to taking measures to combat the pandemic, people should also get a flu vaccine
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-coronavirus-the-cdc-issued-a-dire-warning-for-the-fall/ar-BB17UdHR?ocid=msedgdhp

Masks...……..the American panacea.

Per the CDC going back to '04-'05 the vaccine efficacy for the influenza vaccine has ranged from a low of 10% to a high of 60% any given year but the COIVD vaccine, when available, will get us back to "normal"....right? 

Mostly peaceful. Right?

‘Abolish The United States Of America’: Radical ‘Youth Liberation Front’ Active In Portland Encourages Violence, Explicitly Rejects Peaceful Protesting

A radical group credited with organizing anti-police rallies in Portland openly cheers violence and explicitly rejects efforts to keep protests peaceful, a Daily Caller News Foundation review found.

The Youth Liberation Front is credited with organizing protests in Portland last week that extended into the early morning hours and turned violent, The Seattle Times and the Associated Press have reported. Portland police declared riots on multiple nights throughout the week.

The radical group’s goals extend far beyond changing policies and even beyond abolishing the police, as noted in a July 8 tweet: “we don’t want to be led, and we don’t want to lead, we just want to destroy the United States of America.”

“Abolish the United States of America,” the group wrote on Twitter in October. YLF has more than 32,000 followers on the social media platform.

“Members of our group report that watching the senate hearing on Antifa was very inspiring. Countless times the movement was referred to as being well organized, and it was conceded that ‘they are winning’ on various occasions. We will succeed in abolishing amerikkka!” YLF wrote on Twitter on Aug. 4, following a Senate hearing on Antifa violence.

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Classroom-Remote-Learning-or-Home-School-by-Jeff-Koterba-Omaha-World-Herald-NE.png?w=620

Any parent that did that with their kids is a sorry excuse for a parent for making their kid needlessly worry about something that is far down the list of things that could hurt their kids. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Masks...……..the American panacea.

Per the CDC going back to '04-'05 the vaccine efficacy for the influenza vaccine has ranged from a low of 10% to a high of 60% any given year but the COIVD vaccine, when available, will get us back to "normal"....right? 

No. The initial vaccines may have many chalenges of their own.

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I'll repost.

Trump said, that “all schools should be making plans to resume in-person classes as soon as possible.”

Correct, he said that, he wants that, but he can't force that.  And leave the biased leaving out perspective reporting to the mainstream media.  When you are the son of the President of the USA, you can't just up and switch schools a couple weeks before school starts due to all of the security arrangements that are necessary.  

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

No. The initial vaccines may have many chalenges of their own.

Fast forward 5 years....even with an "effective" vaccine that is 50% accurate, you could still easily have Covid-19 (or Covid 24) deaths in the tens of thousands.  Shut everything down for months each year?

3 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Any parent that did that with their kids is a sorry excuse for a parent for making their kid needlessly worry about something that is far down the list of things that could hurt their kids. 

You are correct, I taught it was a cartoon that fit the school chat here. I should of painted it purple.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic