SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

Oh you don't say. Hmm. What do we have here. 

At least 3% of COVID-19 deaths involve injury, poisoning, or other adverse events, CDC says

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention cites numerous "adverse events" such as intentional self-harm, drownings and exposure to earthquakes as contributing factors in over 4,000 of its recorded COVID-19 deaths. 

In the CDC's weekly provisional death counts for COVID-19, the agency attributes just over 145,378 total deaths to the virus in the U.S. through Aug. 8. Of those, 4,401 — about 3% — are listed as involving "intentional and unintentional injury, poisoning and other adverse events." 

The agency lists numerous International Classification of Diseases codes used to categorize the factors associated with those deaths. Among those codes are narcotics poisoning, alcohol poisoning, pedestrian injuries, helicopter accidents, suicide, and numerous other incidents far removed from the actual COVID-19 disease.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Goon said:

Just because you spit out some false narrative from a leftwing source doesn't make you correct. Besides, you're deflecting, that article that I posted has nothing to do with your leftwing news. I am not sure where you're getting your news, but I have never seen those stories before. 

Sorry for pointing out that your news source has been caught lying that many times.

It must hurt.

Like a rubber bullet or water cannon. 

9 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Sorry for pointing out that your news source has been caught lying that many times.

It must hurt.

Like a rubber bullet or water cannon. 

Out of curiosity, who is someone you believe to be a credible news source that is objective and/or leans slightly right of center?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

Out of curiosity, who is someone you believe to be a credible news source that is objective and/or leans slightly right of center?

Let me guess, MSDNC, Constipated News Network, Daily Kooks, right?

45 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Did you bother looking at those links and following up on Politifact?  

4 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Did you bother looking at those links and following up on Politifact?  

I’m asking you a direct question. Who or what news source that leans right do you consider to be credible?

2 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Fast forward 5 years....even with an "effective" vaccine that is 50% accurate, you could still easily have Covid-19 (or Covid 24) deaths in the tens of thousands.  Shut everything down for months each year?

No easy answers to this pandemic. In 5 years we could have a lady President, even sooner if  "Judge" Jeanine Pirro has her way.

Full disclosure, I voted for the orange flavor.

He’s not understanding that he’s nothing more than temporary hired help working for us. Verses, it’s all about what is good for him.

His hate to the press & calling it “fake news” - more accurately fake points towards his comments.

Media keeps the bosses informed, that is us! Without the media, we all might be drinking hydroxychloroquine.

He's slid the Presidency away from the Constitution.

He does not try to unite the American people.

We need to get to some kind of American normal politics.

The office of the Presidency needs to regain it's due respect.

The Question this Week — “You ready to go to work?” he said, to which she replied, “Oh my God, I am so ready”.

Biden/Harris will get my vote in November. 
Many notable R already committed to Vote the D ticket.

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

Wall Street Journal.  Forbes

I consider both of these to be right in the center. They tend not to even write on controversial topics, which isnt necessarily a bad thing.

My point in asking you is it seems as though you, like most of us, consume one sided news. So when the opposite viewpoint is presented(if you ever even get exposed to it) the agenda is to immediately discredit the writer of said opinion.

Not a personal attack on you, just an interesting observation that if you consider reading WSJ and Forbes to be your version of "the other side of the story" I'm not surprised that you think conservative people are all extremist right wingers.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, 1972 said:

so if it could be brought in to any facility by just about any means,  what is the point of shutting buisnesses down?  are we really helping anything? are we just trying to appease the huddled masses? would going on about our lives as normal really change the numbers at all?  nobody knows for sure.  we are throwing darts at a dart board and hopping it works.

(p.s.  if masks truely worked as hoped, asia would never have had a problem.  they have been wearing mask everyday for decades because their air quality is so poor)

20 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Nursing homes are controlled, or at least controllable settings with an access point.  It never ceases to amaze me the logic that people like you use by saying...."let's lockdown/impact/change as many lives as we can in the general public by cancelling/restricting activities" instead of doing the more common sense less intrusive approach of "let's control the access point".  If an employee at the nursing home is scrubbing in/following the proper procedures the risk is minimal.  If they aren't.....that's on the nursing home.  If visitors can't safely enter, that's on the administration for not setting appropriate policies and the visitors for not being safe enough out in public given their want to periodically visit a nursing home.  A high school senior missing prom wasn't and still isn't the solution. 

It get's kind of amusing to watch people almost unintentionally stumble on the reason why "keep the vulverable sheltered and let everyone else live their life" won't actually work in reality.

14 hours ago, CarpeRemote said:

Both 401s and IRAs are deferred, but in 2019 congress passed legislation to collect significantly more taxes from your inherited IRA by eliminating the stretch-rule.

So this is something that Trump signed into law and was approved by a Republican led house then correct? 

Crazy how both sides come off as a dumpster fire.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

No easy answers to this pandemic. In 5 years we could have a lady President, even sooner if  "Judge" Jeanine Pirro has her way.

He’s not understanding that he’s nothing more than temporary hired help working for us. Verses, it’s all about what is good for him.

His hate to the press & calling it “fake news” - more accurately fake points towards his comments.

Media keeps the bosses informed, that is us! Without the media, we all might be drinking hydroxychloroquine.

He's slide the Presidency away from the Constitution.

The Question this Week — “You ready to go to work?” he said, to which she replied, “Oh my God, I am so ready”.

Fantastic way of avoiding the question. Well done. 

Thanks for the update on how you feel though. We were all so worried. 

34 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

He's slide the Presidency away from the Constitution.

to a couple of your points

1. almost all politions dont understand that they work for us, and continue to work for themselves (getting rich while serving in office)

2. he wouldnt call it fake news if they even tried to bother to give all the facts, instead of just bits and pieces that help their views

3. i think he may have brought the country closer together than you think.  the radicals on the left keep trying to cause unrest and a sense of division

4. if you think the democrats have done ANYTHING to try to do things in more accordance with the constitution, you need to wake up

5. i agree, we need all parties to get back to a more normal decorum in politics

6.  his way of doing things is rough, but you cannot say he hasnt gotten most of the things done he said he would.  i dont think that there is a country on earth that thinks he is joking, or posturing when he responds to a threat, or precieved threat to the country.  much different from the apology tour the last president went on

7.  many Ds have said they are not voting for a D this time around.   so that probably a wash

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, 1972 said:

to a couple of your points

1. almost all politions dont understand that they work for us, and continue to work for themselves (getting rich willing serving in office)

2. he wouldnt call it fake news if they even tried to bother to give all the facts, instead of just bits and pieces that help their views

3. i think he may have brought the country closer together than you think.  the radicals on the left keep trying to cause unrest and a sense of division

4. if you think the democrats have done ANYTHING to try to do things in more accordance with the constitution, you need to wake up

5. i agree, we need all parties to get back to a more normal decorum in politics

6.  his way of doing things is rough, but you cannot say he hasnt gotten most of the things done he said he would.  i dont think that there is a country on earth that thinks he is joking, or posturing when he responds to a threat, or precieved threat to the country.  much different from the apology tour the last president went on

7.  many Ds have said they are not voting for a D this time around.   so that probably a wash

Many good points.

4 & 6 give me concern. 

No one has driffted this far from the constitution. 
He needs to get things done with Congress. 
I'm with you on the apology tour, but at the same time Trump is not my choice to have responding to a serious treat.

5 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Many good points.

4 & 6 give me concern. 

No one has driffted this far from the constitution. 
He needs to get things done with Congress. 
I'm with you on the apology tour, but at the same time Trump is not my choice to have respnding to a serious treat.

You must have forgotten Obama, Mr Pen and his phone who created an illegal program called DACA. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I consider both of these to be right in the center. They tend not to even write on controversial topics, which isnt necessarily a bad thing.

My point in asking you is it seems as though you, like most of us, consume one sided news. So when the opposite viewpoint is presented(if you ever even get exposed to it) the agenda is to immediately discredit the writer of said opinion.

Not a personal attack on you, just an interesting observation that if you consider reading WSJ and Forbes to be your version of "the other side of the story" I'm not surprised that you think conservative people are all extremist right wingers.

Its easy to discredit already discredited news sources.  It doesn't surprise me that someone like Goon, who has knee-jerk reactions when reading far right discredited news finds himself having further knee jerk reactions when called on it. 

Dude needs sedatives me thinks...

Lol 

• Downvote 1