SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

8 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

And they also aren’t currently requiring you to have health insurance. 

But they are by law requiring hospitals to treat anyone regardless of their ability to pay. 

I know it’s not what you want to hear but there’s only one solution to this problem. 

Actually the ACA did require you to be insured or be fined(that penalty was later repealed I believe)

Healthcare is an interesting subject, as someone involved in healthcare, I see being able to see a doctor is a human right and see the value of "socialized medicine".

On the other hand, from a financial and ethical standpoint, I see major challenges when the state is in charge of your plan.(dictating what care you can and cannot receive, mandating one treatment over another, barring individuals from public places if they aren't in compliance etc)

As it stands, we have the worst possible system, we aren't fully free market and we aren't fully socialized. I think a commitment in either direction would be a major improvement over what we currently have.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

Hey look, Oxbow crapped on another thread with politics.

Talking out of your rear again.....because it's almost all political at this point.  Don't be a hypocrite and try to make it sound otherwise.  At least Oxbow helps put the Covid, and in this case the double standards that exist when it comes to media reporting crime, into perspective for people like yourself that aren't equipped to do so.

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

Funny how I'm singled out for this use of Trumptard. 

Hmmm.. 

I guess "libtard" is just fine with you.  Never saw a complaint about that. 

Selective in your outrage, aren't you?  Well, that is the Trumptard way. 

Lol. 

Actually most people have an issue with using the word "retard" or any abbreviated form of it (and have for the last 30+ years).  That goes for many people on the right and left.  It is just as offensive to someone that is developmentally challenged (and their parents) as a racial slur is.  Try to show a little more maturity in your conversation.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

did it occur to you that people crossing illegally decided to bring "family members" with to keep the feds from arresting them?  

libtards don't think before they post

2 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Actually most people have an issue with using the word "retard" or any abbreviated form of it (and have for the last 30+ years).  That goes for many people on the right and left.  It is just as offensive to someone that is developmentally challenged (and their parents) as a racial slur is.  Try to show a little more maturity in your conversation.

I believe that Hayduke started with that language in response to the quoted post and others.  Now, SIOUXFAN97 does seem to be about 10 years old in intellect, so it isn’t necessarily a smart move to craft responses to the dregs of society.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, wxman91 said:

I believe that Hayduke started with that language in response to the quoted post and others.  Now, SIOUXFAN97 does seem to be about 10 years old in intellect, so it isn’t necessarily a smart move to craft responses to the dregs of society.

A quick search uncovers a number of posters in this thread using the word "libtard" over the years and unchallenged. Hmm.

7 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

A quick search uncovers a number of posters in this thread using the word "libtard" over the years and unchallenged. Hmm.

This thread hasn't been around for years.....only seems like it.  Name-calling is a good way to instantly discredit any point you may have....both sides.  In my opinion one side is more prone to defaulting to the practice than the other, but that's probably besides the point.  When I see someone use the word "libtard" I just roll my eyes because it just reinforces the stereotype of the right and /or Trump supporters that the media so desperately wants you to believe applies to everyone in those categories. 

• Upvote 1

Through all of the political discussions I've had on this board and in my personal life, the one thing that comes through always is how different we are in different areas of the country. 

For me, that always highlights the need for the federal government to continue to reduce in power and to give more choice to the individual states.

Does it surprise anyone that someone who lives in Manhattan or Downtown San Francisco would be for gun control, while a person living in rural North Dakota would want to have access to weapons? And both of them are probably correct in their thinking as it pertains to their personal situation.

Different areas require different lifestyles and have different needs from their local and federal government.

I often wonder if the United States will at some point become more similar to Europe with the states becoming separate countries, with some sort of United Nations-esque agreements. Seems like we might be headed that direction.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

This thread hasn't been around for years.....only seems like it.  Name-calling is a good way to instantly discredit any point you may have....both sides.  In my opinion one side is more prone to defaulting to the practice than the other, but that's probably besides the point.  When I see someone use the word "libtard" I just roll my eyes because it just reinforces the stereotype of the right and /or Trump supporters that the media so desperately wants you to believe applies to everyone in those categories. 

Much of the use of the word was in this thread but its been used in other threads as well. Until now, it was unchallenged. 

12 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Through all of the political discussions I've had on this board and in my personal life, the one thing that comes through always is how different we are in different areas of the country. 

For me, that always highlights the need for the federal government to continue to reduce in power and to give more choice to the individual states.

Does it surprise anyone that someone who lives in Manhattan or Downtown San Francisco would be for gun control, while a person living in rural North Dakota would want to have access to weapons? And both of them are probably correct in their thinking as it pertains to their personal situation.

Different areas require different lifestyles and have different needs from their local and federal government.

I often wonder if the United States will at some point become more similar to Europe with the states becoming separate countries, with some sort of United Nations-esque agreements. Seems like we might be headed that direction.

I think you’re right at some point we might see something like this emerge again. 

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-california-split-three-states-20180612-story.html

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

You are correct. I just started noticing it when the Duke was consistently using it.  I hate it when that word is used.  

45 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

It is faux outrage.   

Those Trumptards sure enjoy hypocrisy. 

Lol

14 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Fortunately, this demographic of America is slowly disappearing.  They’ve mobilized because they see the writing on the wall.  Their vision of America dying.  This country will be culturally, racially and politically flipped upside down in 25 years.  

Classically polarizing statement.

My non-white business associate is almost gleeful about the projected disappearance of white people. I’m socially liberal so I guess he thought it was acceptable to say it out loud. 

Tell someone you want their racIal demographic to “disappear’”, you create a voting block, then call them racist. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

It is faux outrage.   

Those Trumptards sure enjoy hypocrisy. 

Lol

Hypocrisy isn’t exclusive to either side of the aisle.

Look no further than Antifa being named anti-fascism while beating people that disagree with them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wxman91 said:

i use a lot of bad words you might not like...i might change my name to 2livecrewfan bc words are just words even the "bad" ones that might be deemed offensive to some.

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

63 shot and 12 dea in Chicago this weekend.

It’s so surprising that news outlets aren’t keeping a yearly counter of deaths for that to make sure people are aware of how in danger they are.

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Hypocrisy isn’t exclusive to either side of the aisle.

Look no further than Antifa being named anti-fascism while beating people that disagree with them.

But... antifa is literally the words anti fascist melded together.

I can see saying something like left leaning or even leftist groups.  But, the use of antifa seems odd.  Everyone should be anti-facist. 

4 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

But... antifa is literally the words anti fascist melded together.

I can see saying something like left leaning or even leftist groups.  But, the use of antifa seems odd.  Everyone should be anti-facist. 

I’m not sure how, but the point I was making completely missed you.

its hypocritical for a group to be named “Antifa”(anti fascism) and then practice literal fascism in the streets.

• Like 2