SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

6 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

This is the problem.   ANYTIME a cop presses his body weighted knee into someone's neck while he's screaming out "I can't breathe" for 8 MINUTES it's wrong.  PERIOD!   This wasn't a situation where a guy was shooting people in the street and had to be detained by any means - that's fine.    Find some weirdo white guy who shoots up a school and kills people.   PRESS YOUR KNEE ON HIS NECK ALL DAY!   I don't care.   Floyd was ACCUSED of passing a fake $20 bill...not even verified if it actually was fake and Chauvin did that to him.   Do think he would have done that to stupid white kid accused of the same?   Hell NO!   He's a f*cking racist.

There's no evidence the kids that shot DiLorenzo did so because he was white - that's the difference.  And that's not to excuse them because street criminals who murder should go to jail for a long time too.  I'm just saying a lot of people who are "pretending" to share condolences here where calling for DiLorenzo's head before he resigned.   You know who you are...

Typical emotional response dodging the question when things get inconvenient.  Deep down, if you are assuming that Chauvin 100% only did what he did because Floyd is black......do you honestly believe that Dilorenzo and his wife being old and white played no role in 2 black teenagers picking them as marks?

6 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

Neither. You can go on and keep being hateful and spiteful towards people you disagree with, but by doing this you're no better than what you accuse Trump of being. Maybe, just maybe, you can try to be better. I'll hang up and listen, have a good night!

Trump ran stating he would replace the ACA with something better. Since then he has tried to kill the ACA multiple times with no replacement. If trying to make 20 million plus become uninsured during a worldwide pandemic, in which we are losing more than any other country, isn’t fueled by hate, I’m not sure what is.

If someone was trying to eliminate your insurance plan, how exactly would you feel?

20 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Trump ran stating he would replace the ACA with something better. Since then he has tried to kill the ACA multiple times with no replacement. If trying to make 20 million plus become uninsured during a worldwide pandemic, in which we are losing more than any other country, isn’t fueled by hate, I’m not sure what is.

If someone was trying to eliminate your insurance plan, how exactly would you feel?

It already happened to me.  Remember “if you like your plan, you can keep it.”  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

Biden showing clarity of thought, organized and thought out policies in comparison to Trump in a debate?  

Yeah, I dont think that's a problem. Lol

Of course, you have evidence of these "businesses" en masse that are opposed to any economic or environmental policies Biden is proposing?

Of course you don't.  Lol

It doesn't matter anyway.  The orange s$#%stain will continue to self destruct. 

His clarity of thought has been on point for the last few years.  How many did he recently say died from Covid again?  Twice. 

You can find many business articles available in the last few weeks since he has given what his policies would be.  Raising tax on business and people doesn’t play well when business is struggling to keep their doors open right now. 

14 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Who killed your health insurance plan?

Prices for plans went up at my workplace the year following ACA.  Work stubs can prove it.  The costs of prescriptions, namely insulin have gone up consistently with the exception of the last year since ACA.  This is the first year I have not drove to Canada to buy it since ACA.  I wasn’t able to keep my same plan after that bill was rushed through. 

28 minutes ago, homer said:

Prices for plans went up at my workplace the year following ACA.  Work stubs can prove it.  The costs of prescriptions, namely insulin have gone up consistently with the exception of the last year since ACA.  This is the first year I have not drove to Canada to buy it since ACA.  I wasn’t able to keep my same plan after that bill was rushed through. 

Prices have gone up for every plan, but this started well before the ACA was introduced. The individual mandate was supposed to help push everyone to get insured, after all you can’t legally drive without car insurance so why should you be able to access healthcare without health insurance. Yet the mandate was found unconstitutional by the right wingers. What would happen to your car insurance rates of responsible drivers no longer were required to be insured?

Thankfully Obama was able to rush the ACA through quicker than trump’s health plan. 
It’s four years later, where are these more affordable and better options?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, homer said:

His clarity of thought has been on point for the last few years.  How many did he recently say died from Covid again?  Twice. 

You can find many business articles available in the last few weeks since he has given what his policies would be.  Raising tax on business and people doesn’t play well when business is struggling to keep their doors open right now. 

So, he took the Montreal Cognitive test.  Why?  Why was he asked by doctors to take the test to see if someone is in the early stages of Alzheimers or another degenerative disease causing mental incapacity.  Then he brags about how he "aced" the test.  A test which isn't designed to test IQ.  It is just to see if he isn't losing his freaking mental functions.  

Yay him.  Lol

https://mashable.com/article/donald-trump-brags-about-cognitive-dysfunction-test/

So, businesses en masse.  In other words, you have nothing and you merrily go along with the cult of Trump.

In the meantime, I can note this source.  It's an opinion piece, but ar least I have something. 

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/biden-economic-agenda-presents-voters-with-a-clear-choice/

43 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Prices have gone up for every plan, but this started well before the ACA was introduced. The individual mandate was supposed to help push everyone to get insured, after all you can’t legally drive without car insurance so why should you be able to access healthcare without health insurance. Yet the mandate was found unconstitutional by the right wingers. What would happen to your car insurance rates of responsible drivers no longer were required to be insured?

Thankfully Obama was able to rush the ACA through quicker than trump’s health plan. 

Car insurance is a false equivalency as you aren’t forced to drive and can opt out of owning a car.

Having a body is inherent to life. You can’t opt out of it.

Mandating people to buy any such product is akin to a tax and has been treated as such by those opposed to it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Car insurance is a false equivalency and you aren’t forced to drive and can opt out of owning a car.

Having a body is inherent to life. You can’t opt out of it.

Mandating people to buy any product is akin to a tax and has been treated as such by those opposed to it.

Having a body is inherent to life, sure. So should the cost of buying food also be considered a tax? 

2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Having a body is inherent to life, sure. So should the cost of buying food also be considered a tax? 

Not sure what you’re asking. You seem to be arguing the opposite point and making my point. Things that you don’t have a choice about shouldn’t be mandated and have people forced to pay for them. If you are forced by law to pay for a product Or service, it’s a tax and should be treated that way when it’s being discussed by our representatives.

50 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

So, he took the Montreal Cognitive test.  Why?  Why was he asked by doctors to take the test to see if someone is in the early stages of Alzheimers or another degenerative disease causing mental incapacity.  Then he brags about how he "aced" the test.  A test which isn't designed to test IQ.  It is just to see if he isn't losing his freaking mental functions.  

Yay him.  Lol

https://mashable.com/article/donald-trump-brags-about-cognitive-dysfunction-test/

So, businesses en masse.  In other words, you have nothing and you merrily go along with the cult of Trump.

In the meantime, I can note this source.  It's an opinion piece, but ar least I have something. 

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/biden-economic-agenda-presents-voters-with-a-clear-choice/

I realize now you are a bit different but the used of the R word or the second half of it is getting to be a bit much and says alot about you.  Keep your schtick up but maybe do without that?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Don’t you already pay tax when you purchase food?  Not sure if your point. 

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I realize now you are a bit different but the used of the R word or the second half of it is getting to be a bit much and says alot about you.  Keep your schtick up but maybe do without 

Ah, I see. 

In other words, Trumptards can dish it out but cannot take it. 

Not my problem..

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

My prices were consistent on prescriptions before ACA and the options for insulin were far greater and coverage was better.  Things have changed since ACA, for some it’s been better, for me its been for the worse although prices have been better the last year and a few more options are available.  

24 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Not sure what you’re asking. You seem to be arguing the opposite point and making my point. Things that you don’t have a choice about shouldn’t be mandated and have people forced to pay for them. If you are forced by law to pay for a product Or service, it’s a tax and should be treated that way when it’s being discussed by our representatives.

If having a body is inherent to life and this makes any product you are required to purchase a tax, wouldn't this apply to food just as it applies to health insurance?

I guess we could always choose to just go without food, like one could choose to go without healthcare. 

Makes perfect sense.

6 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

If having a body is inherent to life and this makes any product you are required to purchase a tax, wouldn't this apply to food just as it applies to health insurance?

I guess we could always choose to just go without food, like one could choose to go without healthcare. 

Makes perfect sense.

When I say required, I’m using the legal definition of that word.

You are not legally required to buy food. You can grow your own, you can hunt, you can fish. Obviously not viable for most people, but the point is, nobody from the government is forcing a consenting adult to buy food. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Ah, I see. 

In other words, Trumptards can dish it out but cannot take it. 

Not my problem..

It's the equivalent of the N word, the exact equivalent.  Take a step back bud, you're getting a little intense about things.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

It's the equivalent of the N word, the exact equivalent.  Take a step back bud, you're getting a little intense about things.  

Funny how I'm singled out for this use of Trumptard. 

Hmmm.. 

I guess "libtard" is just fine with you.  Never saw a complaint about that. 

Selective in your outrage, aren't you?  Well, that is the Trumptard way. 

Lol. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Funny how I'm singled out for this use of Trumptard. 

Hmmm.. 

I guess "libtard" is just fine with you.  Never saw a complaint about that. 

Selective in your outrage, aren't you?  Well, that is the Trumptard way. 

Lol. 

Was just going to type that anybody using it at the end of a word should probably grow up.

Lol.  Cause it's really funny to use that word. 

15 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

Hey look, Oxbow crapped on another thread with politics.

Demographics are now political too? Interesting.......who knew?

Was actually expecting  more from you. Thought you'd go with the racism card.

By the way, nobody has to guess or imagine what the Ds would do if they are in charge of the House/Senate/Presidency regarding voting.  

HR1 - https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/1/text

• automatic voter registration
  • ends partisan gerrymandering for federal elections
  • funds for election security

No voting for illegals.  No voting for incarcerated felons.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Was just going to type that anybody using it at the end of a word should probably grow up.

Lol.  Cause it's really funny to use that word. 

So, you think it's funny exposing your hypocrisy?

So do I.  We have that in common...

Lol

37 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

When I say required, I’m using the legal definition of that word.

You are not legally required to buy food. You can grow your own, you can hunt, you can fish. Obviously not viable for most people, but the point is, nobody from the government is forcing a consenting adult to buy food. 

And they also aren’t currently requiring you to have health insurance. 

But they are by law requiring hospitals to treat anyone regardless of their ability to pay. 

I know it’s not what you want to hear but there’s only one solution to this problem.