SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

Yes. This country needs something to collectively hope for, because we haven't been this screwed since the 60s.   We're in the middle of a pandemic with 100k dead, unemployment is through the roof, citizens are at each other's throats politically, food pantries are full of people, protests and riots everywhere, cities going up in flames.      This is awful.  

5 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

There is no 'regardless'.  If you're President, your job is to represent and convey everything that is good about America in a time of crisis; then work with the citizenry to fix the bad.     

Making a statement that invokes segregation at a time like this is beyond preposterous.    

...and you wonder why people feel like they're second class citizens.  Jesus christ.   

It wasn't a statement that invokes segregation. It was a statement warning about the dangers of looting. 

2 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Yes. This country needs something to collectively hope for, because we haven't been this screwed since the 60s.   We're in the middle of a pandemic with 100k dead, unemployment is through the roof, citizens are at each other's throats politically, food pantries are full of people, protests and riots everywhere, cities going up in flames.      This is awful.  

IALTO

9 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Watching those videos it’s hard for me to believe he didn’t see the protesters. I don’t know how much harm he intended or whether he just figured I’m in a big truck they’ll move. Thankfully the protesters reacted quickly and most people got out of the way. Of course they weren’t coming to shake his hand. These protesters almost lost their life because of a careless idiot, that truck drivers lucky those protesters stayed peaceful and he’ll get jail to me instead of being dead.

Why is it hard for you to believe he didn’t see the protestors? They were gathered behind a curve, he laid on his horn and slammed on the brakes. Thankfully there were a few in the crowd trying to protect him but to say the protestors stayed peaceful is dead wrong he was beat for minutes. Those protestors didn’t need to be on 35w and this was also another fail on MN state patrol for not barricading the highway.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Has Walz relaxed the religious gathering restrictions?   Or is it still worse to have 11 people praying together than having thousands rioting, looting, and vandalizing together?

Remember when communist governments put the hammer down on churches and people met in secret for worship?  Never thought I would see the day where churches cower in the face of government oppression, yet here we are.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, iramurphy said:

It took WCCO a long time to clear up the confusion about the truck being on the interstate before closure. He hit the horn and was able to stop. The scheduled time to close the interstate was 8pm and changed to 5pm with little notice. The road cleared and he started up again before people jumped on his truck, pulled him from the truck and attacked him. Driver was arrested. Whomever assaulted him should have been arrested. The video doesn’t appear to show the driver trying to deliberately run into protesters. Someone needs to figure out why he was driving there. Authorities will need to sort out the facts. 

Agreed.  If he wanted to run over the protesters, there would be dead protesters.  I don't know if he was unaware of what was ahead of him or if he just came to his senses late, but at least nobody was killed.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Watching those videos it’s hard for me to believe he didn’t see the protesters. I don’t know how much harm he intended or whether he just figured I’m in a big truck they’ll move. Thankfully the protesters reacted quickly and most people got out of the way. Of course they weren’t coming to shake his hand. These protesters almost lost their life because of a careless idiot, that truck drivers lucky those protesters stayed peaceful and he’ll get jail to me instead of being dead.

The idiots were the people on the interstate. What was he supposed to do just stop on the interstate and let the thugs burn his rig down after getting beat up. F no. I will give him the benefit of the doubt because if he wanted to run over people he could have taken out hundreds.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Agreed.  If he wanted to run over the protesters, there would be dead protesters.  I don't know if he was unaware of what was ahead of him or if he just came to his senses late, but at least nobody was killed.

People were laying down in the road in front of him so he was forced to stop. He could have taken out the whole crowd if he wanted.

3 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Has Walz relaxed the religious gathering restrictions?   Or is it still worse to have 11 people praying together than having thousands rioting, looting, and vandalizing together?

Time to rename “worship service” into “peaceful protest “. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

It’s not right wing or left wing, it comes together on the circle.  They are extremists with a lot of frustration and hate.  Look, I’m disgusted by the death of Floyd.  It was wrong.  The cop is in jail.  To use it to set off the powder keg..I guess it was just waiting for a spark. It boils down to disenfranchised people.  Set foot on my $1.4M piece of property with Ill intent...well, I guess I can show some of these thugs some NODaK roots...white tail running at 200 yards...hit 3 mallards in 30 seconds...

can i ask how you got your guns in Cali?  brought em with...bought locally? easy to get or lots of paperwork? i hear rogan talking about guns in california saying things have really changed in his 20 years in LA

I see that the ND Dept. of Health coronavirus page is now reporting serology test results. At present, the test results are approximately 3.3% positive. While I realize you can't necessarily extrapolate those numbers across the state, it is interesting to note that if accurate, that would be mean that the state is catching about 1 in 10 cases. That's in line with what many experts have speculated. Also, it would mean that the mortality rate in North Dakota would be .24 %--almost identical to what the CDC is now saying.

1 hour ago, farce poobah said:

Time to rename “worship service” into “peaceful protest “. 

It appears currently that the only way to gather in large numbers at a church and avoid getting arrested is if you have the intention of burning it down

I'm seeing parallels between the 'one death is too many' arguments lodged in both COVID and excessive force/police custody deaths.

It must be nice for so many to live in complete denial of reality.  It's an imperfect world, and in a free society we must all weigh our choices, risks, and behaviors accordingly.  Broad and sweeping generalizations are ignorant, harmful, and divisive.

20 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Walz are Frey are imbeciles, no leadership at all.   America's cities are burning and the White House couldn't be more out of its element, no leadership whatsoever.     You want real leadership in a time of crisis?....turn to Atlanta.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO7z6m2os2g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLrbRppfX1k

why even have mayor's or gov's if everything falls on president....

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic