SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

24 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

These Boojahideen guys seem like trouble. Apparently out of New York?

Interestingly, if they can move beyond the issue of race, radical right and left wing groups have a common interest in rebelling against what they perceive as heavy-handed governmental institutions abusing power.

Although I doubt it's happening on any large scale, it doesn't surprise me to see right-wing 'militia' types integrating themselves with protesters to further their agenda.    

7 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Interestingly, if they can move beyond the issue of race, radical right and left wing groups have a common interest in rebelling against what they perceive as heavy-handed governmental institutions abusing power.

Although I doubt it's happening on any large scale, it doesn't surprise me to see right-wing 'militia' types integrating themselves with protesters to further their agenda.    

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/its-setup-mysteriously-staged-bricks-appear-throughout-major-protest-cities

Something going on.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Remember when Trump tweeted "When the looting starts, the shooting starts" and caught a ton of flak for it? Well, 

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/gunman-shoots-12-year-old-boy-3-adults-in-kensington/2414467/

Trump caught flack for that statement in part because it's a term associated with a couple of well-own segregationists.   

It’s not right wing or left wing, it comes together on the circle.  They are extremists with a lot of frustration and hate.  Look, I’m disgusted by the death of Floyd.  It was wrong.  The cop is in jail.  To use it to set off the powder keg..I guess it was just waiting for a spark. It boils down to disenfranchised people.  Set foot on my $1.4M piece of property with Ill intent...well, I guess I can show some of these thugs some NODaK roots...white tail running at 200 yards...hit 3 mallards in 30 seconds...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

There were like 5-6,000 protesters there all bunched together. He could've slowed up before he did. I don't know if he intended for injury or just thought they'd move. After stopping he does try to flee again but protesters jump on the truck and stop him. He does lay on the horn but man watching a cell phone video from someone on the side of the road he was coming very fast. Thankfully doesn't seem like many injuries.

Sounds like he was already on the interstate before they closed and he just never opted to exit off. Police were aware of the march and that is why they decided to close the road at 5 instead of 7 earlier in the afternoon. Was a very peaceful and well planned march and seemed even coordinated with law enforcement.

Again, how is there no barricade closer to the March.  A fully loaded tanker can’t stop on a dime.  If he didn’t know they were around the turn, it’s amazing he didn’t run into the crowd.  If he didn’t know they were there, I can’t blame him/her for trying to start up again when the crowd comes at his vehicle.  They weren’t coming to shake his hand.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

Meh, I dunno.  

Radical groups are certainly trying to influence the situation, but I'd say the vast majority of protesters are ordinary Americans fed up with inequality in this country.  This been boiling under the surface for decades.  In light of today's ultra-divisive political climate, on top of coronavirus, unemployment, the killing of George Floyd was the tipping point.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Meh, I dunno.  

Radical groups are certainly trying to influence the situation, but I'd say the vast majority of protesters are ordinary Americans fed up with inequality in this country.  This been boiling under the surface for decades.  In light of today's ultra-divisive political climate, on top of coronavirus, unemployment, the killing of George Floyd was the tipping point.  

I just think too many nut cases  are fans of the movie The Purge. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Regardless, he was 100% correct.

There is no 'regardless'.  If you're President, your job is to represent and convey everything that is good about America in a time of crisis; then work with the citizenry to fix the bad.     

Making a statement that invokes segregation at a time like this is beyond preposterous.    

...and you wonder why people feel like they're second class citizens.  Jesus christ.   

• Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

There is no 'regardless'.  If you're President, your job is to represent and convey everything that is good about America in a time of crisis; then work with the citizenry to fix the bad.     

Making a statement that invokes segregation at a time like this is beyond preposterous.    

...and you wonder why people feel like they're second class citizens.  Jesus christ.   

Why was his statement racist?  

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

The son of the MN AG, Jeremiah Ellison, has no problem making a public statement for his support of Antifa.

These are the people he supports. Some in Portland have had enough of Antifa. 

55 minutes ago, homer said:

Again, how is there no barricade closer to the March.  A fully loaded tanker can’t stop on a dime.  If he didn’t know they were around the turn, it’s amazing he didn’t run into the crowd.  If he didn’t know they were there, I can’t blame him/her for trying to start up again when the crowd comes at his vehicle.  They weren’t coming to shake his hand.  

Watching those videos it’s hard for me to believe he didn’t see the protesters. I don’t know how much harm he intended or whether he just figured I’m in a big truck they’ll move. Thankfully the protesters reacted quickly and most people got out of the way. Of course they weren’t coming to shake his hand. These protesters almost lost their life because of a careless idiot, that truck drivers lucky those protesters stayed peaceful and he’ll get jail to me instead of being dead.

46 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Was the looting in Minneapolis before or after that tweet?  I can’t remember. 

Either way, there is nothing good about the actions of the violent protestors.  There also are no demands so there is no way to fix it.  

58 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I just think too many nut cases  are fans of the movie The Purge. 

I’m a big fan of The Purge too especially the TV series but I won’t be out doing that. Was thinking though a lot of scenes across the country have looked right out of the show.

5 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

I’m a big fan of The Purge too especially the TV series but I won’t be out doing that. Was thinking though a lot of scenes across the country have looked right out of the show.

Yeah, I like it too.  But I figured I better clarify my statement by saying just the nut cases who are fans of the show. Hopefully that excludes us. :lol:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, homer said:

It took WCCO a long time to clear up the confusion about the truck being on the interstate before closure. He hit the horn and was able to stop. The scheduled time to close the interstate was 8pm and changed to 5pm with little notice. The road cleared and he started up again before people jumped on his truck, pulled him from the truck and attacked him. Driver was arrested. Whomever assaulted him should have been arrested. The video doesn’t appear to show the driver trying to deliberately run into protesters. Someone needs to figure out why he was driving there. Authorities will need to sort out the facts. 

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic