SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

12 hours ago, Ranger said:

Or this quote:

“As long as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is silenced, local and state health departments, epidemiologists, and clinicians may need to lead the way.”

Or my personal favorite:

you are your safest sex partner.”

You must’ve missed the discussion on auto erotic asphyxiation in this thread about 200 pages ago. :lol: 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CarpeRemote said:

Since neither of us are epidemiologists I suppose this is about equally relevant 

9c323d2ff91418ea10539b8476f180ed06a004c6

I have screens on all my windows. It helps keep out most bugs, however some bugs can still make it into the house. Other people can choose not to have screens on their windows. They will just have more bugs getting into their homes when they have their windows open. 

1 hour ago, dynato said:

I have screens on all my windows. It helps keep out most bugs, however some bugs can still make it into the house. Other people can choose not to have screens on their windows. They will just have more bugs getting into their homes when they have their windows open. 

To stay with the trend of horrible analogies... the U.S. had a Frazee in goal.  A Frazee helps keep out most pucks, however some pucks can still make it into the goal. Other people can choose not to have a Frazee in the goal. Frazee is a sieve and everything shot by a Toews goes right through him into the goal.  Having a Frazee in the goal really makes no difference when facing a Toews.

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

To stay with the trend of horrible analogies... the U.S. had a Frazee in goal.  A Frazee helps keep out most pucks, however some pucks can still make it into the goal. Other people can choose not to have a Frazee in the goal. Frazee is a sieve and everything shot by a Toews goes right through him into the goal.  Having a Frazee in the goal really makes no difference when facing a Toews.

Unless Victor Hedman is draped all over him..

1 hour ago, Walsh Hall said:

nominee for post of the year.

• Upvote 1

Gov. Walz orders flags at half-staff for victims lost to COVID on the 19th of every month thru 2020.

Can't make this stuff up.

He's such an American Patriot!

• Upvote 1

New York has omitted an unknown number of coronavirus deaths in recent reports regarding residents of nursing home and adult care facilities, the New York State Department of Health acknowledged in a statement to the Daily Caller News Foundation.

In early May, those reports quietly began omitting long-term care residents who died of coronavirus in hospitals. Even so, New York still leads the nation with 5,433 reported deaths at nursing homes and adult care facilities as of Wednesday.

The revelation comes as New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo faces criticism for ordering nursing homes and other long-term care facilities to accept patients from hospitals who had tested positive for coronavirus. Cuomo rescinded the March 25 order, which experts say led to higher levels of death among nursing home residents, on May 11 to allow such facilities to wait until a coronavirus patient tests negative before readmitting them.

Seems the Gov in NY has some explaining to do.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, dynato said:

How do those screens work on farts?

1 hour ago, Walsh Hall said:

You know, you are absolutely right if you completely ignore Frazees .961 save percentage in that semifinal game where he kept Toews off the score sheet until the overtime shootout. Give Toews 1000 shots on Frazee and he will score on every single one of them no doubt. Based solely on Toews going 3 for 3 in a shootout of course. It is absolutely 100% sustainable. Every coach should just not have a goalie in net when facing an elite forward, since it makes absolutely zero difference. 

33 minutes ago, dynato said:

You know, you are absolutely right if you completely ignore Frazees .961 save percentage in that semifinal game where he kept Toews off the score sheet until the overtime shootout. Give Toews 1000 shots on Frazee and he will score on every single one of them no doubt. Based solely on Toews going 3 for 3 in a shootout of course. It is absolutely 100% sustainable. Every coach should just not have a goalie in net when facing an elite forward, since it makes absolutely zero difference. 

It's a horrible analogy for a reason. Relax, Karen.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, keikla said:

In other news, my covid antibodies came back positive (non-FDA approved test with specificity 93-100%), indicating that my diagnostic test was a false negative.  I was fairly certain I had it, since I had extremely labored and painful breathing for about two weeks plus total exhaustion, and obviously I had plenty of exposure risks.  No cough, no fever.  Unfortunately, I still can't donate convalescent plasma since they require both a positive diagnostic test and a positive antibody test.

Thanks for sharing that. 

I almost wish newspapers would start laying off journalists too.  Then, I suspect we might hear a different tune from them via their social media, similar to everyone else who has been laid off or owns a business.  

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, keikla said:

In other news, my covid antibodies came back positive (non-FDA approved test with specificity 93-100%), indicating that my diagnostic test was a false negative.  I was fairly certain I had it, since I had extremely labored and painful breathing for about two weeks plus total exhaustion, and obviously I had plenty of exposure risks.  No cough, no fever.  Unfortunately, I still can't donate convalescent plasma since they require both a positive diagnostic test and a positive antibody test.

Do they test the ability of donor plasma to neutralize virus COVID in culture before administering it to patients where you are at or do they rely on ELISAs alone to confirm the presence of anti-COVID antibodies in donors?