SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 minute ago, UNDlaw80 said:

As I pointed out before, Trump has no intention of realistically controlling the border.

You people are being played.    

please explain.... im curious as to how you see him not trying to get the boarder under control

1 minute ago, UNDlaw80 said:

-Taking sides with a foreign power against domestic apposition.   check 
-Detention of journalists  check
-Loss of press access to the White House   check
-Use of government power to target opposition for retribution.  check
-Rhetoric that incites violence against political opposition.  check

We're getting there.   

oof, you are deffintly stretching the facts a bit there

11 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fascism

I'd say what Trump says on Twitter, in interviews, and during his rallies (encouraging violence against those who oppose him) supports the idea of him being a fascist, but the actual governing taking place under his administration has not been fascist.

There is however one party that tends to place the standing of the nation and promotion of certain races/creeds above the rights of the individual.  That party also believes in a strong central government, tends to govern with a heavy hand, particularly as it relates to the operation of private business, and has been known to encourage its followers to resort to violence to suppress opposing views.  That party has also been very supportive of severe economic and social regimentation under the guise of public safety.

Cuts both ways, there's another party with a heavy hand telling me what is allowed in the my bedroom, living room or doctor's office.

42 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2015/12/10/9886152/donald-trump-fascism

I'll admit to not being an expert of any kind of how to put people into political categories, but from everything I can read on Fascism, he simply doesn't fit the bill.

The only fascist group of any prominence in the United State currently is, ironically, Antifa.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, 1972 said:

please explain.... im curious as to how you see him not trying to get the boarder under control

Why do I have to keep going over this? 

Many of our most important industries rely on undocumented workers for survival.  If we get rid of this cheap labor force the economy would thoroughly tank.  It's why, despite record high unemployment, Trump has expanded the guest-worker program, which is conveniently the easiest thing in the world for applicants to swindle and stay here forever.  "America for Americans", right?  lol

I'll say it for the millionth time.  If Trump was serious about border security the answer is quite simple.  Crack down mercilessly on US companies hiring illegal workers.  With no employment available it would cut illegal immigration exponentially.  It’s basic supply/demand.  But for obvious reasons Trump will not enact this measure.    
Instead, he’ll throw his base a bone by building an insignificant portion of the wall, has ICE detain some hapless illegals here and there, complains about sanctuary cities, etc.  And his base eats it up like candy.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  

28 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

We're getting there.   

Umm. Never mind.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

We're getting there.   

Barack asked Putin to keep things calm until he was reelected. Check 

Barack attempted to prosecute journalists. Check.

Barack attempted to delegitimize unfriendly press. Check.

Barack's IRS targeted conservative groups. Check.

We were there and you were probably silent.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

We're getting there.   

why are you bringing up obama...been there done that move on.

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

F471289B-2B24-479A-BA5D-2B2C3822527C.jpeg

Funny this doesn’t mention the plethora of social restrictions conservatives want to impose on the populace.  Imagine that.   But, whatever.....Freedom!!!!.      Yea ok:whistling:      

Same stick as the democrats, different end.  

But keep on with the Trump-Reagan shtick.    Meanwhile, in the real world, the Ronald Reagan Foundation told Trump to **** off and stop using Reagan’s likeness next to him.    

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

No they didn't. 

Dumb and ignorant is no way to go through life  cult members. 

Although, most of you seem more than willing.

Harris did, provided that this bill was to prevent that specific scenario from playing out. 

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=116&session=2&vote=00058

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Here you go cult.  

Fact check of the RNC.  

It is happening.   I'll bet the.RNC goal is to beat Trumps 20,000 lies in four days. 

Get out the popcorn andScreenshot_20200824-184336_Chrome.thumb.jpg.db7d00258a151b13eee64fd194c7801e.jpg let's cross our fingers!   

ROTFLMFAO!!

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/republican-national-committee-republican/

The fact checkers are pretty bad. For it being a pretty easy job they tend to give all inferences (reasonable and unreasonable) towards people on one side if the aisle while not extending the same courtesy to the others.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

stop voting blue.

I think that would be a good start. Baltimore has been under democratic control for 50+ years, so, you can't blame the Republicans and the big orange man for their troubles. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Funny this doesn’t mention the plethora of social restrictions conservatives want to impose on the populace.  Imagine that.   But, whatever.....Freedom!!!!.      Yea ok:whistling:      

Same stick as the democrats, different end.  

But keep on with the Trump-Reagan shtick.    Meanwhile, in the real world, the Ronald Reagan Foundation told Trump to **** off and stop using Reagan’s likeness next to him.    

I'm curious what the plethora of social restrictions are. The only one I can think of relates to abortion.  I would typically think of gay marriage and what not but the GOP has eased up on that front considerably.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Goon said:

I think that would be a good start. Baltimore has been under democratic control for 50+ years, so, you can't blame the Republicans and the big orange man for their troubles. 

Maybe water cannons and rubber bullets are the answer?

Be careful though.  Soros is arming them!

LMFAO.

Looky here. 

This town knows what to do.

Bravo!

https://www.bellevuereporter.com/news/bellevue-police-officer-placed-on-administrative-leave-for-social-media-posts/

"Twitter accounts called out a Bellevue police officer’s social media feeds on Tuesday, June 2, which appear to promote conspiracy theories including retweeting a post that falsely claimed the cops responsible in George Floyd’s death were not the ones that have since been identified and arrested, and a selfie in police gear with a caption connected to “QAnon,” a conspiracy theory alleging a secret plot against President Donald Trump."

Watched the RNC on FOX, or snippets of it they chose to show. Their FOX contributors interrupted throughout the convention - grabbed a good share of the time, some speakers were never aired.

I’m ready to vote right now, let me vote, I’m so ready to vote, so excited – let me vote now, give me a ballot right now.  ----  Something like one of their commentators said an hour ago. WOW.

Just the first night, 3 to go. Trump is going to have to have an over the top speech to stop the weekly support he is loosing.

• Upvote 1