SiouxSports.com Forum

CC @ UND -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

Feeling good about this. I believe last Saturday was a statement win and I feel we'll see a confident bunch this weekend. 

I think Thome will start and if he dazzles, he'll get the nod on Saturday, too. Big game coming for Guchi, 2g, 2a.

5-2 UND

Guchi x2, Pinto, Mash, JBD

13 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

If there's still time to take Kierstad out of your fantasy team, it seems like a good idea.  Bummer, though:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/4888738-UND-may-be-without-back-to-back-NCHC-defenseman-of-the-week-against-Colorado-College

Looks like Bowen and Yon are questionable as well.

Thome starts tonight. Weston scores one. Wilkie shoots the puck every time he touches it.

4-2 UND w an ENG. This one will be closer than it should be.

CC has typically played pretty good hockey in the first period. It’s the second period where things usually fall apart from them. Coach Haviland called his squad a mentally fragile group following last Saturday’s defeat at home against Omaha. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Scheel is who we need in the net come tourney time. Scheel is imo by far our best goaltender. 

Scheel has a higher ceiling and the preferred option,  but Thome is not chopped liver.   If necessary, they can  beat anybody with him in net.