SiouxSports.com Forum

Soccer coach Logan attacked on social media

SiouxSoccer123

28 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

The plot thickens....

Someone suggested in the Friday night game thread Scheel's decline in play was girlfriend related. Let's hope the team doesn't have Gersich on speed dial for relationship advice! :wink:

• Upvote 2

I reached out to a player parent, they think there is nothing to this, and when countless players including Kaylee Kebba who saw her playing time go down under this coach and would have reason to complain stand up for Logan, and Ty Shannon defends him, there is not any there there. Looking forward to writing about spring soccer soon! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hockeyjockey said:

Weatherby is dating the soccer girl that was moaning on that twitter account dude was probably just standing up for his girl and decided to bitch on a fake account. Chaves should tell them both to stop emarassing themselves and the department everyone knew who it was as soon as we all saw it

This is true. Weatherby is dating a player who recently had some issues with coach Logan and, apparently, decided to trash him online (oh...and try to get him fired). Young love makes you do stupid things.   

18 minutes ago, SiouxSoccer123 said:

This is true. Weatherby is dating a player who recently had some issues with coach Logan and, apparently, decided to trash him online (oh...and try to get him fired). Young love makes you do stupid things.   

:cool:

19 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Wonder if TM or Schloss will see if this tidbit has any legs to it

Neither would throw the almighty hockey program under the bus especially for the soccer team! Heck we saw how schloss would fight for the lowly women’s program. I have a feeling the lamie twins are behind this as they have fallen out of relevance once again....... 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

2 hours ago, SiouxSoccer123 said:

Ah the things I did for young love when I was in college.............

7 hours ago, AJS said:

Not necessarily. Here's why. This is obviously complete speculation. We don't know how many people they looked at before they landed on Weatherby. They could have went through the entire Basketball, Football, Volleyball and Hockey teams looking for someone's phone that ended in 71 speculating it was a UND athlete. They finally found someone who's ended in 71 (JW) and then clearly jumped to conclusions completely missing that (see previous post @The Sicatoka -- jo*******@g****.*** is not the same as ja********@g****.***. ). It makes sense. The email mistake imo would only be something you'd make if you had been at it (looking for the 71 connection) for awhile.

I mean jo*******@g****.*** is not the same as ja********@g****.***.   It's clearly not Weatherby. Why would the originator delete it? They knew someone is looking. 

Edit: I guess it would be any athlete who's name with a Jo, but possibly they just started with J. 

Dang you guys caught me. Nothing to see here move along.

2 hours ago, KayleeK said:

Hey UND sports lovers! My name is Kaylee and I was a captain of UND soccer for 4 years out of my 5 and just underwent my last season with Chris Logan this past fall. I hardly played as a 5th year senior captain and STILL stand behind chris as a phenomenal head coach. He has significantly helped take this program from a losing record to making it to the conference tournament for the first time in program HISTORY. He has always made it clear that he cares about us as people before players in both his actions and words. As a student-athlete I always understood that my play time and scholarship had to be earned each year and even if you put in full effort someone straight up might be more talented than you. There’s so much more to this story and the danger in media is that you can write whatever you want. ultimately, Chris isn’t the problem. I truly hope that whoever is hurting can find some peace. 

Thanks for speaking up.

1 hour ago, VeronicaK said:

Hey everyone, my name is Veronica. I was on the UND Soccer team for four years, two of which were with Chris Logan as a head coach. During these two years I saw a drastic reduction in the number of minutes I was playing in comparison to previous years. I was not a captain, nor a starting player with Chris, and there were many games I didn't step a foot on the field. In addition to what Kaylee has stated, Chris is a fantastic coach and person. He has shown nothing but respect and support for his players. He cares about our mental health in addition to our performance on the field and in the classroom. I have felt nothing but support from Chris Logan, even after I finished my eligibility in Fall of 2018 as he continues to support me as I move into the next phase. I always understood going into College Athletics that my playing time and scholarship level is earned from hard work and talent, and is able to change within my four years. Most student athletes sign one year contracts with scholarships, allowing variations in scholarships depending on performance and new recruits. There are several new accounts on social media circulating when this news broke out. All I ask from people reading and commenting, is that you take a moment and look at all the information before jumping to conclusions. I hope whoever has felt the need to speak out finds peace and understanding.

Thanks for speaking up.

I don’t believe in the legitimacy of any of the posts or posters on this thread with the exception of those I’ve known on here for years.  

i am thoroughly distraught over a social media indictment without any semblance of defense or due process.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

I don’t believe in the legitimacy of any of the posts or posters on this thread with the exception of those I’ve known on here for years.  

i am thoroughly distraught over a social media indictment without any semblance of defense or due process.

Reminds me of a house impeachment inquiry.  

• Upvote 4