SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Miami -- Saturday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

Well it wasn't pretty but I'll take the W every time.  Third period DOMINATION really showed.  Their goalie played great and Mr Thome looked pretty solid for a guy who hasn't started a real game in forever.  On to next week!  Go Sioux!

• Upvote 2

Just now, Cratter said:

"Character building" weekend.

Sometimes teams benefit a lot from addition by subtraction. Night and day difference from last year because of a couple of departures and new additions.

• Upvote 2

Huge win tonight! I don’t care who you are playing, they came back, played tough, got the W and extended their point lead. 

I almost like that they played from behind all weekend because it prepares the guys for that situation, which could happen as you play better teams.

that being said, I was very impressed with Miami and their goaltending this weekend. Hope we can get Poolman back for next weekend.

• Upvote 1

On a side note:  Blackhawks beat Leafs 6-2 (Toews 2 goals, 2 assists, Caguila goal and stellar defensive play.  (Kubalik scored twice, one of which was a backhand pass from Toews across the slot to the goalie's right, that Kubalik batted out of the air and into the net.)  The line of Toews, Caguila, and Kubalik had 5 of the six goals!

Great to hear that UND won tonight.  Now get ready for the Dogs next week.