SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Miami -- Saturday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

I didn't get to watch most of the game last night, but caught the last half the third and the OTs.

All of the nonsense with the Adams no-goal aside, looks like it was just UND starting slow, dominating the rest of the game and ending up with an annoying tie.

With that said, we moved up to No. 1 in the PWR with Cornell tying NMU and with Clown beating UMD, extended our lead in the NCHC. 

Get it done tonight and keep pressing forward. 

START FAST.

5-1 UND

Kawaguchi, Kierstad, Smith, Hain, Pinto

As much as I think Scheel is our guy, Thome earned a start and Scheel didn't for tonight. Defensive lapses aside, when you need a save, you need a save. Even the 2016 team gave up grade A chances at the end of the season, and not much else. Goalie has to be dialed in. I'm confident we've got two guys who can get the job done when on.

5 minutes ago, SiouxTupa said:

As much as I think Scheel is our guy, Thome earned a start and Scheel didn't for tonight. Defensive lapses aside, when you need a save, you need a save. Even the 2016 team gave up grade A chances at the end of the season, and not much else. Goalie has to be dialed in. I'm confident we've got two guys who can get the job done when on.

Agree.  Solid post.  Scheel was the man first half, but he’s had two bad starts now that really hurt the team.  He needs to get dialed back in, but not tonight 

16 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Agree.  Solid post.  Scheel was the man first half, but he’s had two bad starts now that really hurt the team.  He needs to get dialed back in, but not tonight 

Could it be that Scheel is a little mentally and/or physically fatigued and needs a break here and there, especially down the stretch? -I saw that first hand with Alex Leclerc last season as Haviland played him every game and between a tough last regular season series against DU, and a 3 game road series in the first round at Western Michigan, by the time he got to St. Paul, he looked really tired. I don’t want to see that happen with Scheel. 

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Could it be that Scheel is a little mentally and/or physically fatigued and needs a break here and there, especially down the stretch? -I saw that first hand with Alex Leclerc last season as Haviland played him every game and between a tough last regular season series against DU, and a 3 game road series in the first round at Western Michigan, by the time he got to St. Paul, he looked really tired. I don’t want to see that happen with Scheel. 

Christmas fruitcake.   Studies show Aunt Sally's Christmas fruitcake can f ck up depth perception in young people.  It can cause ED too, but we'll leave that alone for this discussion.

But Karl has been through this himself and knows the antidote. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Thome starts.....UND doesn't give up a couple early. 

UND 4-2

I'm not sure who I feel more comfortable with, yes scheel has given up some goals early but the majority of them I dont put on him.  Thome allowed one goal but he game up some juicy rebounds right in the slot a couple of times.

The entire team needs to step out on the ice ready to play.   Last night you could see the trouble Miami's forecheck was giving us.  Not able to string together passes, and forcing some stupid ill-advised passes in our defensive zone.  We need to fix that.  Scheel was equally cold coming out at the start.  He needs to fix that.

Tonight, I am hoping we are fired up at puck drop, and we skate away with an easy win. Hopefully.

26 minutes ago, SIOUXHKYFRK said:

I'm not sure who I feel more comfortable with, yes scheel has given up some goals early but the majority of them I dont put on him.  Thome allowed one goal but he game up some juicy rebounds right in the slot a couple of times.

Scheel's save % so far in 2020 is .810 so I'm going to say Thome can top that tonight.