SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Miami -- Saturday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

35 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Big series next weekend. We could really bury the Dogs with a sweep!!

We could make it pretty tough with a split as well, but a sweep wouldn’t hurt either. The Fox Sports guys said that Duluth scores 35% of their goals on the power play, so need to stay out of the box as much as possible and be better on the pk when we do take a penalty.  Hope the officials don’t make themselves part of the outcome.

2 minutes ago, tnt said:

It amazes me that the sky is falling crowd still doesn’t respect how good our league truly is.   

Sports fans need a little too much out of their teams' performance emotionally.   When things don't go well, they go dark. 

7 minutes ago, Old Barn Guy at Home said:

On a side note:  Blackhawks beat Leafs 6-2 (Toews 2 goals, 2 assists, Caguila goal and stellar defensive play.  (Kubalik scored twice, one of which was a backhand pass from Toews across the slot to the goalie's right, that Kubalik batted out of the air and into the net.)  The line of Toews, Caguila, and Kubalik had 5 of the six goals!

Great to hear that UND won tonight.  Now get ready for the Dogs next week.

Should be a fun week, the father of one of UMDs back up goalies is on my Men’s league team, so I’ll be rocking a lot of Sioux gear before my game this week :)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, burd said:

Sports fans need a little too much out of their teams' performance emotionally.   When things don't go well, they go dark. 

I don't ask for much...just win all your games by an insane margin on the way to a four-peat.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

So by January of 19-20 season, the following areas of the 18-19 season were met. 

-Total points leader equaled.

-Total goals equaled.

-Wins equaled.

UND is lagging behind in defending and killing off 5x3s at this point so there's that. :wink:

• Upvote 1

Thome seemed to get better and get into the flow of the game as it progressed.  He needs to get more game action down the stretch so he can stay sharp.  Hopefully whatever is bothering Scheel is behind him next weekend.  Huge series with the Bulldogs.

• Upvote 1

just finished watching the game.  Miami has one very good line and they are clearly well-coached.  They created space and burried their chances...same as last night.

It did look like we were struggling a little with the on ice conditions.  seemed that bounces and pucks were just off.  

Not having Pooly hurt us tremendously all weekend in terms of calm and structure. 

Our best players are better than theirs and that is what made the difference in the end.  

Their tendy played a great game.  Ours played good enough to win.  

12 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Absolutely no doubt. Thome is a wonderful back up, but this team needs Scheel to be his best. He's our No. 1 without a doubt.

Thome may be the back up, but the save he made on the breakaway in the 2nd period is the kind that Scheel made regularly in the first half of the season.  I want to see that Scheel again!  I also want our D to step it up and quit giving the other team so many Grade A's in the first period of every game. :)

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

just finished watching the game.  Miami has one very good line and they are clearly well-coached.  They created space and burried their chances...same as last night.

It did look like we were struggling a little with the on ice conditions.  seemed that bounces and pucks were just off.  

Not having Pooly hurt us tremendously all weekend in terms of calm and structure. 

Our best players are better than theirs and that is what made the difference in the end.  

Their tendy played a great game.  Ours played good enough to win.  

That tender put on a clinic in lateral movement.  Fun to watch a kid move like and have the core strength to be in complete control of his upper body.

Goalies are the best athletes. ;)