SiouxSports.com Forum

Alabama-Huntsville @ UND

stoneySIOUX

21 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I said in the WJC thread that I think we could see him Saturday, but that's a haul. Played a lot of games in a short span and has come back from Europe.

I think the coaches usually will error on the side of giving the player a little more rest if it isn't a critical series.   

9 minutes ago, tnt said:

I think the coaches usually will error on the side of giving the player a little more rest if it isn't a critical series.   

In a way it is a critical series though but I get what you mean. We shouldn't need him, the problem is we won't know until the game starts... and then it's too late! :lol:

14 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

UND is 14-1-2, #1team in the Nation.  UAH is 1-14-3, #60 (dead last) team in the nation. 

UND has outscored their opponents 71-27.  UAH has been outscored 77-31.

I think we will manage without Pinto.  Give him the weekend off. 

I get what you are saying, but people were saying the same thing about the Patriots against the Dolphins last week.  When everybody thinks it's an easy win, sometimes the players do to.  

1 hour ago, tnt said:

I get what you are saying, but people were saying the same thing about the Patriots against the Dolphins last week.  When everybody thinks it's an easy win, sometimes the players do to.  

Not just that.  It is rare for any team to go through the season without dropping a game or games to teams that do not have much chance on paper.   Hockey is not unique in that, but with the average game's score being pretty low in any case, an off night, some pipes and bounces, and a hot goalie, anything can (and does) happen on any given night, even if the players are not looking past the opponent.    This team seems pretty good in that area.  In addition to more talent, the leadership of this group must be better.    

So y'all are volunteering a guy to:

• play a 10AM (local) game,
  • get on a flight (if he can get a flight),
  • fly 1/3 of the way around the world, 
  • and play a game at 7PM (local) the next day*. 

I wouldn't sign off on that plan.  

*His body clock is still in the old time zone. So 7PM local would be after midnight to him. 

8 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

New year, new me.  Looking forward to being back in Grand Forks for the first time since 2010-2011.

Please tell me you are not identifying with the pronouns.....she, her, hers and herself.

35 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

So y'all are volunteering a guy to:

• play a 10AM (local) game,
  • get on a flight (if he can get a flight),
  • fly 1/3 of the way around the world, 
  • and play a game at 7PM (local) the next day*. 

I wouldn't sign off on that plan.  

*His body clock is still in the old time zone. So 7PM local would be after midnight to him. 

Sic is right.