SiouxSports.com Forum

Alabama-Huntsville @ UND

stoneySIOUX

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

So y'all are volunteering a guy to:

• play a 10AM (local) game,
  • get on a flight (if he can get a flight),
  • fly 1/3 of the way around the world, 
  • and play a game at 7PM (local) the next day*. 

I wouldn't sign off on that plan.  

*His body clock is still in the old time zone. So 7PM local would be after midnight to him. 

Increased risk of injury isn’t worth it. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Pretty simple on Pinto. Give him a choice. If he wants to sit out Friday and play Saturday. If neither, UND will be just fine beating UAH.

Rest isn't a bad thing. However, he'll miss out on some stats probably. Team first though. 

I agree.  Maybe make him the extra skater on Saturday so he can get some minutes back with the boys, but not play top 6 minutes?

Key to Friday is just to jump on UAH early - they'll have some wonder-struck players coming into a rink the size of the Ralph with all the people (hopefully) in attendance.  Grab a quick goal or three, and just put them away.

18 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I said in the WJC thread that I think we could see him Saturday, but that's a haul. Played a lot of games in a short span and has come back from Europe.

Yeah, the travel piece has to be a big factor. Didn't Tyson Jost come back and play after losing in the championship game? I feel like he didn't have near the travel though, wasn't it in Canada that year?

2 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Yeah, the travel piece has to be a big factor. Didn't Tyson Jost come back and play after losing in the championship game? I feel like he didn't have near the travel though, wasn't it in Canada that year?

It was in Montreal. 

Shane was still in Austria a couple hours ago, according to Instagram, so any thoughts on him playing tonight is delusional. Might not even get to America until tomorrow depending on layovers and what kind of flight he has. 

28 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

UND should sweep this weekend even if Wilbur is in net and MM is centering the top line. 

...and the Hrkac Circus should have swept U.S. International, and that was with Tony Hrkac, not Wilbur and MM.