SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ The Zoo -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

I don’t think UND played so bad or weren’t that sharp. Western is a tough team and it seemed really hard to break their walls in front of the net. I think they blocked about 20 shots too so they were really good defensively, until the turnover in OT. ;) 

Scheel just composed and in the zone all game.  He'd probably tell you he was okay at Mariucci, not great, and sometimes as a goalie your team scores enough to where you don't have to be great.  He was the difference in a big road win.  

I'll say it again.....when this team's season is over someone is getting one helluva hockey player in Colton Poolman.....

3 hours ago, Mrchip56 said:

I would say thank goodness that the Sioux had great goal tending the last two games, being they were outshot.  The blame goes to the d men in those situations IMO.  

You do realize we spent the majority of last year outshooting opponents and losing, right?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

So the forwards have no defensive responsibilities 

Speaking only for myself and my position of right wing with Red Army of the Roseville co-rec league, I can confirm that I have no defensive responsibilities.  I’m not sure that that’s typical, though.