SiouxSports.com Forum

SCSU @ UND -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

It’s great to be excited about the lineup (and game) again. I’m wondering at what point do the coaches consider introducing Thome selectively to get some game time? I thought they might against Miami and I understand riding the hot hand, but it seems like they’re considering Scheel getting every single minute until there’s an issue with his performance? I’m sure they have a good pulse on the team needs, Adam’s mental and physical readiness, etc. but I wouldn’t mind seeing him get a rest and some quality play from a backup to help prepare for possible injury or other situations. And avoid risk of losing Thome completely as a drafted player not even getting a sniff at game action? First world problems for sure, given Scheel has been lights out, of course. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brett0909 said:

It’s great to be excited about the lineup (and game) again. I’m wondering at what point do the coaches consider introducing Thome selectively to get some game time? I thought they might against Miami and I understand riding the hot hand, but it seems like they’re considering Scheel getting every single minute until there’s an issue with his performance? I’m sure they have a good pulse on the team needs, Adam’s mental and physical readiness, etc. but I wouldn’t mind seeing him get a rest and some quality play from a backup to help prepare for possible injury or other situations. And avoid risk of losing Thome completely as a drafted player not even getting a sniff at game action? First world problems for sure, given Scheel has been lights out, of course. 

Good points.  I'm all about playing both goalies, but given what Scheel has been giving the team you gotta ride the hot hand IMHO.