SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at Denver - the race for banner #9

GoalieMask

I think Alex and Jake serve us very well.  

But I HAVE to comment once again how irritating Tim's color guy is.   I love Tim Hennessey's pxp announcing--it was my only way to observe games for a lot of years.  I even listened at times when video was available because he is so good at what he does.  I don't expect him to ever pair up with another guy as good as "the other Tim,"  but this current guy has me avoiding Tim H., which is not something I thought would ever happen.   He's probably not that bad, and his sins are not egregious, but I just can't deal with him very well at this point. 

3 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Denver started the season 8-0 and now haven't won a game in their last four since starting NCHC play.

Well 6 of those 8 were against Alaska Fairbanks, Lake State, and Niagara...they did sweep BC at Magness so you got to give them credit there.

2 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Well 6 of those 8 were against Alaska Fairbanks, Lake State, and Niagara...they did sweep BC at Magness so you got to give them credit there.

Yeah they haven't had the toughest schedule, that's for sure.
I don't even think BC is that good this year...they're at 7-4 currently but that's only because they just wrapped up a four-game stint against UConn and Vermont...two teams that have a combined 3 wins all season.

3 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Yeah they haven't had the toughest schedule, that's for sure.
I don't even think BC is that good this year...they're at 7-4 currently but that's only because they just wrapped up a four-game stint against UConn and Vermont...two teams that have a combined 3 wins all season.

Good point

On 11/15/2019 at 5:44 PM, burd said:

I think Alex and Jake serve us very well.  

But I HAVE to comment once again how irritating Tim's color guy is.   I love Tim Hennessey's pxp announcing--it was my only way to observe games for a lot of years.  I even listened at times when video was available because he is so good at what he does.  I don't expect him to ever pair up with another guy as good as "the other Tim,"  but this current guy has me avoiding Tim H., which is not something I thought would ever happen.   He's probably not that bad, and his sins are not egregious, but I just can't deal with him very well at this point. 

So refreshing to listen to Tim this weekend without Ole.  Just Tim doing what Tim does best without getting cut off constantly.

Tim is too good of a pxp guy to have such poor color commentary.  Would love a reunion weekend of TH and O'Keefe.  

On 11/15/2019 at 2:10 PM, stoneySIOUX said:

Hahaha, but it's grammatically correct.

Alex is ALSO a soccer fan - and that's a soccer term.  Doesn't make him a bad person for translating it into the hockey lexicon.  I can tell you knowing him personally he puts his heart and soul into UND Hockey but as a sports guy he has MANY interests and incorporates them all into his call.   Bottom line is his enthusiasm is sincere, honest and true - which I think UND fans would appreciate.   Jack Michaels is the same...the enthusiasm of a real SPORTS fan calling a game - we should be glad be have BOTH of them calling UND sports.   There are NO local gf media personalities (aside from TH) who could pull this off for ANY UND sports right now OR please feel free to name some if you can....

• Upvote 4

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:24 PM, Wilbur said:

So refreshing to listen to Tim this weekend without Ole.  Just Tim doing what Tim does best without getting cut off constantly.

Tim is too good of a pxp guy to have such poor color commentary.  Would love a reunion weekend of TH and O'Keefe.  

"YUHP!" - Ole 

"YUHP!" - Ole

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GoalieMask said:

"YUHP!" - Ole 

"YUHP!" - Ole

I sound like a broken record on this, but that is so easy to cure, or at least address.  Tim has to know, and it's on him to make sure his color guy (and young but hopeful understudy, probably) understands what he needs to do to improve.   It's seriously annoying and a problem for Tim.

4 hours ago, burd said:

I sound like a broken record on this, but that is so easy to cure, or at least address.  Tim has to know, and it's on him to make sure his color guy (and young but hopeful understudy, probably) understands what he needs to do to improve.   It's seriously annoying and a problem for Tim.

It's also an issue when his color guy calls out a fanbase and throws out "keyboard warriors".  What a bleeping idiot.  I hope he reads this so he knows everyone thinks he's terrible.  

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

It's also an issue when his color guy calls out a fanbase and throws out "keyboard warriors".  What a bleeping idiot.  I hope he reads this so he knows everyone thinks he's terrible.  

Missed that...who are the keyboard warriors?

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

He is terrible....but he was spot on with the keyboard warriors.

• Upvote 1