SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at Denver - the race for banner #9

GoalieMask

Been a great start to the season for our boys. Very interested to see how we compare. I think DU is good, but a lot of people are talking that they are dominant. Like I said in another thread, unless they took a MASSIVE jump from last year, that'd be hard to believe. We lacked talent in key areas last season and we could have easily stolen a couple from them last season.

I'll gladly take a split, but, I have a hunch. Nay... a feeling... we sweep this weekend :)

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Been a great start to the season for our boys. Very interested to see how we compare. I think DU is good, but a lot of people are talking that they are dominant. Like I said in another thread, unless they took a MASSIVE jump from last year, that'd be hard to believe. We lacked talent in key areas last season and we could have easily stolen a couple from them last season.

I'll gladly take a split, but, I have a hunch. Nay... a feeling... we sweep this weekend :)

I’ll take a split too. And you’re correct. All 4 games were close with 2 going into extra time. This has set up to be a good series this weekend. Will be fun to see all the black and green in Magness. Is it Thursday afternoon yet? I want to get there already 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

To your point, I spoke with a couple of buddies who are DU fans who attended last year’s quarterfinal series and they both acknowledged that UND controlled the play for large stretches of both games. The difference was that DU cashed in on their opportunities while UND didn’t. This year’s UND team appears to be improved offensively over last year’s team. DU is, well DU....they rarely beat themselves so they’ll pose a challenge but I like our chances with this year’s squad over last year’s. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

So did Denver pull any antics with their ticket sales like in previous years to try to prevent a wave of green in the arena?

No, they stopped doing that a few years ago. There was a work around for UND fans to avoid having to buy tickets to other DU sporting events. I think the almighty dollar out weighed other considerations. :)  I’ve observed that the 50/50 raffle is usually 2 or 3x’s higher when UND comes to town than when other teams, even CC visits Magness Arena. I’m sure beer sales are significantly higher as well. :) 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

To your point, I spoke with a couple of buddies who are DU fans who attended last year’s quarterfinal series and they both acknowledged that UND controlled the play for large stretches of both games. The difference was that DU cashed in on their opportunities while UND didn’t. This year’s UND team appears to be improved offensively over last year’s team. DU is, well DU....they rarely beat themselves so they’ll pose a challenge but I like our chances with this year’s squad over last year’s. 

Spot on, man. 

17 hours ago, Godsmack said:

No, they stopped doing that a few years ago. There was a work around for UND fans to avoid having to buy tickets to other DU sporting events. I think the almighty dollar out weighed other considerations. :)  I’ve observed that the 50/50 raffle is usually 2 or 3x’s higher when UND comes to town than when other teams, even CC visits Magness Arena. I’m sure beer sales are significantly higher as well. :) 

Beer sales are always higher when UND is in town. I witnessed that when I was at the Mankato series.

42 minutes ago, ksl_sioux4ever said:

Was this Only a one day promo?

Yes it was. The only requirement was a three day notice. I watch Frontier for flights for FARGO to DU & CC. And for Minneapolis to Cincinnati (Miami, OH is 40 miles away)

Frontier will probably be my hookup for the Nashville game

3 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Thanks for the heads up, booked my flight last night because how can you pass that deal up? #AlwaysAHomeGame

No problem. I like when people post that type of information on the logistics of tickets, venues, flights, hotels or restaurants. It makes the whole fan experience a lot more fun and often more accessible than we thought