SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High School Hockey 2019-20

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Look at Rauhauser (sp) from Century, or Spooner from BHS.  Turned out pretty well for Bowling Green and Mankato.

It will always go back to the competition argument and number of games the high school league allows. 

Nelson from Williston even had a decent tenure with Mankato. 

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Look at Rauhauser (sp) from Century, or Spooner from BHS.  Turned out pretty well for Bowling Green and Mankato.

It will always go back to the competition argument and number of games the high school league allows. 

A little longer path as Rauhauser will turn 25 in March and Spooner will turn 24 in March.

3 hours ago, Texas rancher said:

Can’t figure everything out for ya smart guy, but yes, it is on free over the air in Bismarck also.

does your mom still dress you everyday as well?

yep I was wrong.. Thanks for your input. We should all bow down before you... Almighty one..

Why would I be surprised by an NDSU troll as yourself.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Texas rancher said:

Can’t figure everything out for ya smart guy, but yes, it is on free over the air in Bismarck also.

does your mom still dress you everyday as well?

I think the bigger point is that Forum Communications basically charging a fee for anyone outstate to watch high school hockey is pathetic on their part .....and another sign of how desperately they are struggling.  All they had to do is go to Scheels for some money and plaster their logo all over the feed.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Today is why all the top players are leaving the state.

You’re a complete idiot who obviously knows nothing about NDHS hockey and hasn’t followed along at any point this season. Everyone knew this was coming in the first round (other than you) but everyone also knows that these are going to be some of the best semi finals we’ve seen in a decade. Any of these 4 teams could take the title and they’ve proven that by exchanging blows all year long. I can’t remember the last time there have been 4 legitimate teams in the mix like this. It’s exciting and is good for ND hockey. And not only that, there are another two teams at home right now (WF and FN) that probably had a decent shot at pulling off some upsets if they could’ve made the tournament. 

Unfortunately The majority of the time we know who the heavy favorite is or maybe have 2 teams with a good shot. So this change is welcomed. 

The East and West are typically a little unbalanced but this year is worse than ever before. I think the top 6 teams in the state are all from the East this season. Thankfully it should level off a little again next year. And within the last 10 years the west has faired quite well with 2 titles and 7 championship appearances. 

This year’s tournament is also exciting because it’s clear any of these 4 teams would hold their own in any state hockey tournament in the country. Even the lower class tournaments of MN and WI. None of them are at the elite level like central has been the past 2-3 years, but I also think central would’ve been a legitimate top 5 AA MN team the last few seasons which is arguably the best HS hockey in the nation. 

ND gets compared to MN all too often, and it makes people forget that MN towers over any other state’s numbers as well. ND actually fairs quite well, especially per capita for numbers, skill level and D1 production. 

And another thing— people often get blinded by the MNHS hockey tournaments and look down on NDHS hockey. But they forget that for every team in that MN tournament there are 20 teams at home and 15 of them are complete garbage who’d get run out of the EDC. Hence Wahp/breck going winless for many years and moving to MN and finding pretty decent success because there are 15 garbage teams in MN for every 1 elite. 

As for kids leaving, MN has problems of their own. They run into a lot of issues of the high skilled kids transferring to other elite HS teams. It creates a tradition for 85% of the teams of being bottom dwellers. For instance, Crookston has NEVER in their history made it to the state tournament. 

14 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

You’re a complete idiot who obviously knows nothing about NDHS hockey and hasn’t followed along at any point this season. Everyone knew this was coming in the first round (other than you) but everyone also knows that these are going to be some of the best semi finals we’ve seen in a decade. Any of these 4 teams could take the title and they’ve proven that by exchanging blows all year long. I can’t remember the last time there have been 4 legitimate teams in the mix like this. It’s exciting and is good for ND hockey. 

The majority of the time we know who the heavy favorite is or maybe have 2 teams with a good shot. 

The East and West are typically a little unbalanced but this year is worse than ever before. I think the top 6 teams in the state are all from the East this season. Thankfully it should level off a little again next year. And within the last 10 years the west has faired quite well with 2 titles and 7 championship appearances. 

This year’s tournament is also exciting because it’s clear any of these 4 teams would hold their own in any state hockey tournament in the country. Even the lower class tournaments of MN and WI. None of them are at the elite level like central has been the past 2-3 years, but I also think central would’ve been a legitimate top 5 AA MN team the last few seasons which is arguably the best HS hockey in the nation. 

ND gets compared to MN all too often, and it makes people forget that MN towers over any other state’s numbers as well. ND actually fairs quite well, especially per capita for numbers, skill level and D1 production. 

And another thing— people often get blinded by the MNHS hockey tournaments and look down on NDHS hockey. But they forget that for every team in that MN tournament there are 20 teams at home and 15 of them are complete garbage who’d get run out of the EDC.

As for kids leaving, MN has a problems of their own. They run into a lot of issues of the high skilled kids transferring to other elite HS teams. 

I feel you are a complete fuking idiot as well for not recognizing how low the talent level is in this state and the best players won't get much better playing against that low level.  There is parity because all the best players left.  Congrats on your parity.

16 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I feel you are a complete fuking idiot as well for not recognizing how low the talent level is in this state and the best players won't get much better playing against that low level.  There is parity because all the best players left.  Congrats on your parity.

Many many ND kids within the past 10 years have went D1 while staying through their SR year of HS. So obviously the talent level worked out just fine for them, No? Or doesn’t that count for your candy cock opinion? 

Are the top 8 teams in MN at a higher skill level than the top 8 in ND? Absolutely, no question. But If you averaged out the skill Level of the 250-300 MN teams into one and compared that to the averaged out skill of the 19 ND teams I know they’d be pretty dang similar. And every year the top 2 ND teams would fall within the top ten MN A teams no problem. 

4 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Many many ND kids within the past 10 years have went D1 while staying through their SR year of HS. So obviously the talent level worked out just fine for them, No? Or doesn’t that count for your candy cock opinion? 

Are the top 8 teams in MN at a higher skill level than the top 8 in ND? Absolutely, no question. But If you averaged out the skill Level of the 250-300 MN teams into one and compared that to the averaged out skill of the 19 ND teams I know they’d be pretty dang similar. 

If you can't recognize that the teams are worse this year than they have been overall in awhile that I don't know what to say.  Who is better this year?  South I suppose.