SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High School Hockey 2019-20

On 12/10/2019 at 9:09 PM, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Thank god panzer switched to EGF to play against the highly touted Crookston team...because those RR and Central games weren’t competitive enough. 

Yeah I'm sure he switched over to play a team like Crookston and couldn't be to face teams like St. Cloud Cathedral, Orono, Mahtomedi, Warroad, Moorhead, and Roseau. The kid wanted a more challenging schedule and there is no question he is getting that with EGF. Plus if his team can get to state he gets to play in one of the best prep tournaments in the nation.

• 3 weeks later...

Solid effort last night by South/Shanley.  Central outshot the Bruins but South’s goalie made some great saves and South hung around the whole game - even went up 3-1 in the second.

www.ShanleyTV.com has archived replay of the game they streamed live if anyone wants to watch the recap. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GoalieMask said:

3-0 South/Shanley through two.  Shots tightening at 19-16 in favor of Bruins. Zach Sandy strong in net - nice goalie. 

Sandy is the best HS hockey player in the state IMO

35 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Sandy is the best HS hockey player in the state IMO

You will get no argument from me.  He is almost impossible to get past. South/Shanley could go far with him between the pipes.

3-0 Bruins final by the way. Looking strong for a top two seed. 

21 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

South ragdolling Sheyenne late in the 2nd 4-0. Not competitive.

Got to see South play here against Bismarck during our Hockey Day North Dakota weekend. Pure domination the entire 51 minutes. They have a really good chance of dethroning Central especially since state is in Fargo this year 

Just watched the third period of Central vs. Red River.  Game ended 2-1 Central.  From what I saw the reffs put the whistles away and let the teams battle it out 5x5, the way it should be.

For the first time in a few years there isn't a clear state champ.  @sioux rube summed up the west pretty well.  I think state starts with an EDC sweep first round.