SiouxSports.com Forum

Canisius @ UND Saturday Game Thread

sioux rube

14 minutes ago, southpaw said:

I didn't mention my credentials until someone said I was likely jealous of Eric's access to the press box. So if you want arrogance, I can go there with tales of my press access to collegiate and professional sports in multiple states and Europe.

I have already contacted UND, but as I'm sure you know, that's not a precursor to disagreeing with something on Siouxsports.

Is it too much to ask that someone who covers a team and sport we love actually know how to write? 

Sure, but then you publicly criticized him on here, which was silly. So, you got called out for it.

You were being a jerk, simple as that. You have every right to criticize, but I was just wondering what the point was. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

Berry's best Freshman class to date. Small sample size game wise but there's some potential studs in this group.

Thanks for the pivot ;)

Pinto is a flat out stud. Blaisdell had a great Saturday and Frisch played well, too. Heck, even Caufield had a nice night in limited minutes. Great stuff to see. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Sure, but then you publicly criticized him on here, which was silly. So, you got called out for it.

You were being a jerk, simple as that. You have every right to criticize, but I was just wondering what the point was. 

What do you expect from jumbo when he posts an article? If it's a complete mess, he deserves criticism. Fortunately, it never is. The same can't be said about Goon, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't hold him to a standard that involves getting the names of players or teams right on a consistent basis.

Just now, southpaw said:

What do you expect from jumbo when he posts an article? If it's a complete mess, he deserves criticism. Fortunately, it never is. The same can't be said about Goon, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't hold him to a high standard.

Considering the bad grammar on this forum, I think the "standard", whatever it is, isn't very high to begin with.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, southpaw said:

What do you expect from jumbo when he posts an article? If it's a complete mess, he deserves criticism. Fortunately, it never is. The same can't be said about Goon, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't hold him to a standard that involves getting the names of players or teams right on a consistent basis.

Paid versus unpaid. So be it.

Alright, man. Like I said, you totally can, but you came off as a jerk and it seemed flatly unnecessary.

It's all good. Let's just move on.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Nope, kid who got cut played the first few minutes of our 5 goal third and then got the gate again. Glad he's ok. That was scary.

They shouldn't have put him out there after that. How can you focus on stopping a puck after something like that? He gave up two quick goals and was yanked.

6 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

They shouldn't have put him out there after that. How can you focus on stopping a puck after something like that? He gave up two quick goals and was yanked.

Yeah, I was pretty shocked to see him in, but glad he's ok for sure.

• Upvote 1

Doesn’t matter who we played, it’s obvious this is a faster, better conditioned, and more skilled team than last year’s. Despite the drinking game level of “puck luck” comments on the NCHC broadcast, this team made all its own luck. Looking forward to the rest of the season. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

You're going to knock somebody's grammar in this post? :crazy:

I didnt critique his grammar, in any way.

I will call out how he basically just copy and pastes quotes and content from other journalists work into clunky paragraphs and calls it his own work. That's fair game.

That's borderline p word.....

As someone who has been professionally published, that's kind of offensive. And NO I'm pot nerfect especially on a tiny phone keyboard on quick comments, but sorry not writng for pay here, just passionate about the program.

Goon is a good person met him before. His writing and blogs were cute for a bit, I honestly thought it was great that UND granted media access to a "special needs writer"..... when I found that not to be the case the copy paste was significantly less cute.

But when literally anyone associated with the progrum can get him to regurgitate the same attutude of arrogance when there are instances of glaring deficiencies, that are fair to discuss, it becomes even less cute, certainly won't stay quiet when he's popping off on here.

Nobody was saying the sky is falling just pointed out that there was still some serious concerns, especially, with full 60 play, and the PP.... even whilst winning 2 games that were absolutely expectation to win contests.

Objective media coverage is sparse with UND. Hell in the cities the media would be dragging Bubba up and down all sides of print, radio, and web. I like that we are much less aggressive with our coverage here. (This is something of an opinion I have that Schloss would struggle in larger markets NOT being so aggressively objective) 

This doesnt mean we shouldnt expect objective, critical analysis of what we can clearly see happening on the ice/field.

Case in point.... The last year the dominance of shots being pushed as a positive while clearly not reporting on the quality of shot selection and skill which resulted in ... the end result.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1