SiouxSports.com Forum

Canisius @ UND Saturday Game Thread

sioux rube

Basically the same type of series as in Buffalo, except we scored this time.  

Canisius with maybe two grade A chances the whole game and scored on one of them.

Weekend MVP:  Michaud/JBD

Who surprised me:  Tychonik was a beast on Friday.

Flew under the radar:  Peski 

• Upvote 1

You guys can get all pumped up about these results, but they didn't play a full 120 minutes of hockey this weekend.  And the passing wasn't quite crisp.  They did play one shift at a time, though; I'll give them that. 

:D Four neg reps on this.  You guys recognize a little fun with overused cliche's, right?

I thought it was a very encouraging weekend, even if they didn't always stay focused. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

2 minutes ago, burd said:

You guys can get all pumped up about these results, but they didn't play a full 120 minutes of hockey this weekend.  And the passing wasn't quite crisp.  They did play one shift at a time, though; I'll give them that. 

It helps that the Griffs are terrible as our guys slept through the first 20 minutes tonight. 

• Upvote 1

Great job tonight boys, that’s how you finish a team!  

Two concerns:

1.  Scheel and his lack of action. Was solid no doubt, harder to stay in a game like this for a goalie, but next week will be a very different story.

2. Scoring early. We need to get out on good teams not chase. We can afford to on a team like this, we won’t get away with it next weekend.  

That being said, great sweep excited for next weekend!!

• Upvote 1

Heres the dirty truth.

Its wins against a terrible terrible terrible college hockey team. Like probably one of the worse 3 or 4 this year.

Wins that won't really help them much in the pwr (but could have devastated, obviously). 

Take away dropping 5 on a subpar goalie's even worse backup. UND didnt play all that well.

The powerplay was, not awesome, by a long shot. 

The skinny, 2 wins but its going to be a MUUUUCH tougher road the rest of the way.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Didn't see goal number 8 until I just watched the replay.  What a play by Caufield.....you can tell he has had some coaching in his lifetime.  Choking up on the stick to catch the saucer pass from Hain, settling the puck, then getting the goalie to move to his right and passing it back against the grain for the open net. 

Only caught bits and pieces of the game but seemed like it was a slow start before the guys got going. Good to see a big number put up on the board and multiple goal scorers. A Sioux sweep combined with Gopher football destroying Nebraska make it a pretty good Saturday. Hopefully the Vikings can follow suit tomorrow.

40 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Ok, so Canisius may be the worst team we play all season, but I cannot for the life of me see how anyone doesn't think that the PP isn't a massive step better than last year. 

Job done. Big boy games next week. 

Agree on the PP......scheme wise much better but gotta have finishers.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

This may have been addressed somewhere, my apologies if so.  But what was with Canisius coming out across the rink? Permanent change to the visitors going forward?  

Yes, permanent change. Visitors locker room is on the student section side so opponents will come out to them all year.

2 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Heres the dirty truth.

Its wins against a terrible terrible terrible college hockey team. Like probably one of the worse 3 or 4 this year.

Wins that won't really help them much in the pwr (but could have devastated, obviously). 

Take away dropping 5 on a subpar goalie's even worse backup. UND didnt play all that well.

The powerplay was, not awesome, by a long shot. 

The skinny, 2 wins but its going to be a MUUUUCH tougher road the rest of the way.

Talk about a negative Nelly.