SiouxSports.com Forum

Canisius @ UND Saturday Game Thread

sioux rube

2 hours ago, Goon said:

Talk about a negative Nelly. 

Well goon unlike you I can objectily breakdown a hockey game without sugarcoating the results to fit a narrative. I dont need to toe the company line to keep myself in the good graces of a "media" credential.

You don't either, but I'm absolutely certain, you don't know that. 

But .... and here's some real info you can regurgitate in broken engrish and call it a "blog"....

Not being negative. ... just facts.

Canisius is a terrible D1 college hockey team. That's a fact. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Well goon unlike you I can objectily breakdown a hockey game without sugarcoating the results to fit a narrative. I dont need to toe the company line to keep myself in the good graces of a "media" credential.

But .... and here's some real info you can regurgitate in broken engrish and call it a "blog"....

What,  Adam Schill getting a shutout vs the Canisius isn't good enough writing? 3 grammatical issues with this tweet from our resident 8th grade "journalist."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, southpaw said:

What,  Adam Schill getting a shutout vs the Canisius isn't good enough writing? 3 grammatical issues with this tweet from our resident 8th grade "journalist."

Sounds like you guys are jealous you don't get to sit in the press box and get lots of access to our favorite team. You two need tissues? Maybe a bandaid? My bad, bandaids don't help hurt feelings.

You do you, Goonie.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Sounds like you guys are jealous you don't get to sit in the press box and get lots of access to our favorite team. You two need tissues? Maybe a bandaid? My bad, bandaids don't help hurt feelings.

You do you, Goonie.

Having sat in the press box at the Ralph and 5 other NCHC schools, the first four frozen faceoffs and been in the locker rooms of the Chicago frozen four, I don't have a hint of jealousy.

I do have issue with a fan who starts a blog to "cover" their favorite team despite barely having a grasp of the English language. 

• Downvote 7

4 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Having sat in the press box at the Ralph and 5 other NCHC schools, the first four frozen faceoffs and been in the locker rooms of the Chicago frozen four, I don't have a hint of jealousy.

I do have issue with a fan who starts a blog to "cover" their favorite team despite barely having a grasp of the English language. 

So, directly attack him on it in a public forum? Cool. Good for you, man. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

Strange. I don't have a problem with any fan starting a blog about the team they like. If you don't like the blog, don't read it. Not sure why you need to be mean about it. 

Everyone can start a blog for all I care.  I had a NASCAR blog from 2004-2006. Dale Jarrett was the best.

But that doesn't mean I deserved a credential to races.

There are thousands, if not millions, of blogs by people that can't write. They can have a blog all they want, but there needs to be a standard of quality when it comes to access.

10 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

You're going to knock somebody's grammar in this post? :crazy:

1 minute ago, southpaw said:

Everyone can start a blog for all I care.  I had a NASCAR blog from 2004-2006. Dale Jarrett was the best.

There are thousands, if not millions, of blogs by people that can't write. They can have a blog all they want, but there needs to be a standard of quality when it comes to access.

I don't disagree necessarily, but what's your motivation to attack him directly, here? Take it up with UND.

4 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

So, directly attack him on it in a public forum? Cool. Good for you, man. 

To be clear, I'm attacking his content not him as a person. I've met Goon and his family and they're nice people. 

I just expect UND hockey to have a standard of quality when it comes to press access.

I have no problem with Seamore Sports and their coverage. I actually appreciate it.

1 minute ago, southpaw said:

Oh, so your issue is he gets to sit by you. Not his fault UND gave him credentials. I suggest you direct your anger at them. 

3 minutes ago, southpaw said:

To be clear, I'm attacking his content not him as a person. I've met Goon and his family and they're nice people. 

I just expect UND hockey to have a standard of quality when it comes to press access.

I have no problem with Seamore Sports and their coverage. I actually appreciate it.

Again, call UND. And then, before you do, think about what you're really doing and ask if it's really a big deal.

27 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Sure does sound like jealousy to me. With some arrogance on top. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Sure does sound like jealousy to me. With some arrogance on top. 

I didn't mention my credentials until someone said I was likely jealous of Eric's access to the press box. So if you want arrogance, I can go there with tales of my press access to collegiate and professional sports in multiple states and Europe.

I have already contacted UND, but as I'm sure you know, that's not a precursor to disagreeing with something on Siouxsports.

Is it too much to ask that someone who covers a team and sport we love actually know how to write? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1