SiouxSports.com Forum

UND-NDSU, a new trophy

MDtoGF

I would like to see a trophy for football, because that’s the one sport I can think of that has one regular season meeting to make for a clear winner of the trophy

I also like the idea of an all-sports trophy, but I’m not convinced that having one will increase interest in sports that don’t already have much interest. 

14 minutes ago, UNDfaninMICH said:

I would like to see a trophy for football, because that’s the one sport I can think of that has one regular season meeting to make for a clear winner of the trophy

I also like the idea of an all-sports trophy, but I’m not convinced that having one will increase interest in sports that don’t already have much interest. 

I have seen UND NDSU soccer and volleyball/basketball and softball games, I think the interest is there and I am for raising money to help both schools athletic departments as much as possible. It is an idea, but one founded on the changing landscape in college sports where athletic departments are finding more sources of revenue. Thank you for the feedback! 

3 minutes ago, PrairieBison said:

Probably something creative could be done with reference to the old turf from memorial and Dakotah. something Teddy roosevelt? Elk horn ranch? rough riders? the red river? theres too much goo dmaterial here to not have something cool

The bolded things you mentioned will most likely offend the Leigh Jeanotte types on campus and all the other PC bed wetters so those are probably out.