Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
MDtoGF

UND-NDSU, a new trophy

Recommended Posts

I would like to see a trophy for football, because that’s the one sport I can think of that has one regular season meeting to make for a clear winner of the trophy

I also like the idea of an all-sports trophy, but I’m not convinced that having one will increase interest in sports that don’t already have much interest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

14 minutes ago, UNDfaninMICH said:

I would like to see a trophy for football, because that’s the one sport I can think of that has one regular season meeting to make for a clear winner of the trophy

I also like the idea of an all-sports trophy, but I’m not convinced that having one will increase interest in sports that don’t already have much interest. 

I have seen UND NDSU soccer and volleyball/basketball and softball games, I think the interest is there and I am for raising money to help both schools athletic departments as much as possible. It is an idea, but one founded on the changing landscape in college sports where athletic departments are finding more sources of revenue. Thank you for the feedback! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bison fan here. I think there should absolutely be a trophy. I guess thats all I have to say at this time lol. But what should it be?

I would be okay with a new nickel honestly. Could just keep the two current logos for all i care

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably something creative could be done with reference to the old turf from memorial and Dakotah. something Teddy roosevelt? Elk horn ranch? rough riders? the red river? theres too much goo dmaterial here to not have something cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make a bronze statue of the old barn near Hillsboro and have UND on the north side and NDSU on the south. We can play for the barn!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PrairieBison said:

Probably something creative could be done with reference to the old turf from memorial and Dakotah. something Teddy roosevelt? Elk horn ranch? rough riders? the red river? theres too much goo dmaterial here to not have something cool

The bolded things you mentioned will most likely offend the Leigh Jeanotte types on campus and all the other PC bed wetters so those are probably out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

I-29 trophy?

 

Just now, North Dakota said:

Make a bronze statue of the old barn near Hillsboro and have UND on the north side and NDSU on the south. We can play for the barn!

 A combination of these two ideas.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

The bolded things you mentioned will most likely offend the Leigh Jeanotte types on campus and all the other PC bed wetters so those are probably out.

All the more reason to do it then!

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

I-29 trophy?

It think it's a fabulous idea. You could have the i-29 mile marker for the exit to NDSU on one side and the mile marker tor UND on the other side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Goon said:

It think it's a fabulous idea. You could have the i-29 mile marker for the exit to NDSU on one side and the mile marker tor UND on the other side. 

Road marker is already taken. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the feedback folks, whatever the trophy is having an all sport trophy for UND-NDSU would be an awesome unifier for both schools and their fan bases in my opinion as per the article! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

the two communities also have a common tie....    sandbags...

I would be lying to say I hadnt thought of a golden sandbag lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking a talons and horns trophy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...