SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Moose

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

1 hour ago, ChrisUND1 said:

I like the cute moose story, but are we seriously going to have people in our own fanbase calling us THREE separate nicknames now? 

I know....just put the word “Fighting” in front of any nickname and everything will be just fine! ;)

• Upvote 1

If we had went with what the vast majority of what the students and alumni wanted, which was to move forward as "North Dakota" or "UND" we could at least be having this discussion now about whether "Moose" or something derived from the organic happening that happened to take place during Sioux/bison week would be worth exploring as a name and/or even just an athletics logo.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, und1995 said:

Will never buy anything with the god awful Hawk logo but would consider something with the Fighting moose. At least that would be a unique name. 

My sentiments exactly - I am ready to move on from the Fighting Sioux, but will never get anything with the pathetic Hawk logo - never.

• Upvote 3

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, Fetch said:

Does anyone think the new President will ever consider another name change ? 

Unless you can find some to PRIVATELY fund it.... No

The new Prez has other important fish to fry than to take this on.   

Beside, could you trust UND to try again after what happened the first time?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fetch said:

Does anyone think the new President will ever consider another name change ? 

Unfortunately, for the fans that hate the Fighting Hawks nickname you’re stuck with it. It’s not changing. Unless you’re willing to throw a big wad of cash towards the school 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Goon said:

Unfortunately, for the fans that hate the Fighting Hawks nickname you’re stuck with it. It’s not changing. Unless you’re willing to throw a big wad of cash towards the school 

To turbo charge the HPC phase II fund raiser, throw the name change in with it.

• Upvote 3

It would be so Cool to see Ralph's Wife & Daughter get Fired up & want to restore what Ralph wanted & Wish some how the Native Americans could be in the Forefront with them & find some way that it could be possible.... SIOUX FOREVER !!!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Fetch said:

It would be so Cool to see Ralph's Wife & Daughter get Fired up & want to restore what Ralph wanted & Wish some how the Native Americans could be in the Forefront with them & find some way that it could be possible.... SIOUX FOREVER !!!

Maybe if Ralph did that back in 2005 we would still be the Fighting Sioux. It worked at Florida State.

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

This honestly isn't a terrible idea, I'm starting to believe fans hate the Fighting Hawk name as much as they loved the Sioux name.

I am not "Sioux Forever" but I will never wear anything that prominently displays the lame Fighting Hawks name or logo.  I would get behind the Fighting Moose in a New York minute.

• Upvote 2