SiouxSports.com Forum

2019-2020 NHL Season

On 4/14/2020 at 5:01 PM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

This is not an attack on SV, but it's this zero tolerance mentality that's dragging everything - and everyone - down.  It's simply not realistic.  People have got to get comfortable with the notion of being around COVID-19 infected individuals.  That's life.  It's always been that way.  Viruses and cockroaches will outlive us all.

This is not an attack on NoiseInsideMyHead 
My grandmother who had 11 kids in ND from 1906 to 1926 never was comfortable when any of us grandkids got the flu.

21 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

My grandmother who had 11 kids in ND from 1906 to 1926 never was comfortable when any of us grandkids got the flu.

Not to be crass, but in the end were her fears justified? Did she die prematurely from a contracted illness?

If not, isn't that the lesson here?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Not to be crass, but in the end were her fears justified? Did she die prematurely from a contracted illness?

If not, isn't that the lesson here?

She lived to her 90's and all children survived on the farm. They pretty much stayed home, the country school was closed for some time.  The neighbors had deaths from the flu. 

23 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Child deaths were common during the Spanish flu.  Great grandparents got a whole new farm as the previous occupants went back to Norway to grieve as they lost all their kids. 

• 3 months later...

I have not been following the new season very closely. When is it anticipated to end?

My personal opinion, they should have just scrape the season all together and just came back in October. It just seems silly to have such a long break, only have 24 teams participate and then a month between the end of the playoffs and the start of 2020/2021.  

1 hour ago, northernraider said:

I have not been following the new season very closely. When is it anticipated to end?

My personal opinion, they should have just scrape the season all together and just came back in October. It just seems silly to have such a long break, only have 24 teams participate and then a month between the end of the playoffs and the start of 2020/2021.  

That's your opinion and stated points. However, the world needs sports and the players are healthy, it will be unbelievable hockey! 

• Upvote 2

On 7/30/2020 at 9:40 AM, northernraider said:

I disagree. Safer to finish out the current season by doing it in a bubble. Who knows what next season will look like. The regular season was almost over which is why only 24 teams are in it. And soon it will be down to 16 teams for the actual playoffs. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Chicago Blackhawks forward Drake Caggiula has been suspended one game for a hit to the head of Edmonton Oilers forward Tyler Ennis on Saturday, the NHL's Department of Player Safety announced.

I don't believe Ryan Reaves got any discipline for taking out Nick Schmaltz.

43 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

First Poolman takes a puck to the cheek and requires stitches and wearing a mask then Forbort takes one to the face a little later. 

I saw the Poolman injury.

I'd be in a hospital for a month.   Players of lesser sports would be out on their injured lists.   

He was back a few minutes later.  Amazing.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, farce poobah said:

I saw the Poolman injury.

I'd be in a hospital for a month.   Players of lesser sports would be out on their injured lists.   

He was back a few minutes later.  Amazing.

His cheek was the size of a baseball 

• Upvote 1