SiouxSports.com Forum

2019-2020 NHL Season

On 1/4/2020 at 12:33 AM, cberkas said:

So Jim Montgomery was fired for alcohol abuse and has checked into rehab. I feel there is more to this then alcohol abuse.  

https://www.defendingbigd.com/2020/1/3/21048670/dallas-stars-head-coach-jim-montgomery-rehab-fired-reason-nhl-alcohol-and-substance-abuse-program

There is. But alcohol is most likely the root cause.

39 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Vegas fires Gallant then hires DeBoer? I would say April Fools Day came early, but really DeBoer.

Guess Gallant shouldn't have raised the expectation level with such an insane first year!  By getting to the Cup finals the first year, being ousted by a phantom call last year, and being a few points outside of first place in their division and a playoff spot now, I would have thought he earned himself at least the rest of this season.  Might be something more behind the scene between he and the GM.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don’t have access to the story, but is this being considered without fans?  Unless we were a month removed from new Coronavirus cases, I would think it wouldn’t be prudent for people to come here when we haven’t been hit that much so far.  Would think Schlossman would be making an argument that the NHL doesn’t care about anything but the bottom line and keeping their season alive.  If people are still questioning football in the fall, would think this wouldn’t seem realistic.