SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs talk

10 hours ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

I should have taken that bet...

Don't feel too bad about missing out - after the last series no one would take it. 

Honestly, if the refs don't change the rules for the finals (prime example being last night with the first goal that should never have happened), I think it would have been over in 5. Look at the blowout that happened when the refs called penalties. :shrug:

33 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

Don't feel too bad about missing out - after the last series no one would take it. 

Honestly, if the refs don't change the rules for the finals (prime example being last night with the first goal that should never have happened), I think it would have been over in 5. Look at the blowout that happened when the refs called penalties. :shrug:

What a whiny post. What about the non-call when Chara slashed a Blues' players stick in 1/2 and there was no call? What about all of the non-calls on Marchard, who could have a penalty every time he steps on the ice? Ironically, Bruins fans on this Forum were just providing excuses why calls were not made against the Bruins, stating "it is playoff hockey and they let more go." The non-call last night should have been called  a trip on Bozak but I thought there was also embellishment on the part of Acciari. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, skateshattrick said:

What a whiny post. What about the non-call when Chara slashed a Blues' players stick in 1/2 and there was no call? What about all of the non-calls on Marchard, who could have a penalty every time he steps on the ice? Ironically, Bruins fans on this Forum were just providing excuses why calls were not made against the Bruins, stating "it is playoff hockey and they let more go." The non-call last night should have been called  a trip on Bozak but I thought there was also embellishment on the part of Acciari. 

Acciari did just sit on his knee and watched the goal being scored. Acciari also had a elbow to the head of a blues player not get called and Krug throwing his head back when he's hit in the chest. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, siouxforcefans said:

What was wrong with the first goal? And do you really think the Blues have been getting the better calls?  

8 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Maybe Hull should have skated a few shifts tonight...even with a buzz he would probably would have been better than what they put out there.:)

Wow, did the Blues look awful last night.  They'll take Game 6 to their collective graves if they lose game 7 in Boston.  

On 6/7/2019 at 9:31 AM, skateshattrick said:

Whiny?  LOL - I stated that I didn't like the refs looking the other way on stuff that would be called all season.  I said the Bruins are the better team, not even whether or not I was cheering for them.  Your bias is severely coloring your take on my post.  You can hate Boston, just like I hate Chicago (grew up a Northstar fan), and we can both exist just fine.

On 6/8/2019 at 3:33 AM, Rebel_Sioux said:

What was wrong with the first goal? And do you really think the Blues have been getting the better calls?  

Thought Boston should have been on a power play at that time it was scored.  I think both teams have taken a lot of liberties, but if they play 7 times with regular season calls, Boston would win the series, IMO.

• Upvote 1

Whoever scores the first goal in game 7 wins the series.  Blues just can't seem to come back when they get behind.  It's amazing how many goals the Bruins are scoring in their wins.  Once they get rolling, they are near impossible to stop.  A 2 goal lead may be almost insurmountable for St Louis.  Especially in Boston.  

On 5/20/2019 at 7:42 AM, MafiaMan said:

I'm envisioning a Blues/Bruins Stanley Cup Final with the series-winning goal being scored by Tarasenko, who gets tangled up in a stick and flies across the area right in front of Rask.  Yea, make it happen, Blues.  Make.  It.  Happen.  

On 5/22/2019 at 7:45 AM, MafiaMan said:

I'm revising my Tarasenko Cup-winning goal.  After flying thru the air a-la Bobby Orr, he bounces up off the ice and rips off his Blues jersey to reveal...a #4 Bobby Orr jersey.  Oh, and they win the Cup in TD Waterwhatevertheeff the stadium is called now.  

333sjp.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxforcefans said:

Whiny?  LOL - I stated that I didn't like the refs looking the other way on stuff that would be called all season.  I said the Bruins are the better team, not even whether or not I was cheering for them.  Your bias is severely coloring your take on my post.  You can hate Boston, just like I hate Chicago (grew up a Northstar fan), and we can both exist just fine.

Thought Boston should have been on a power play at that time it was scored.  I think both teams have taken a lot of liberties, but if they play 7 times with regular season calls, Boston would win the series, IMO.

I'm not biased at all. Yes, I hate Boston, but I picked them to win it all before the playoffs even began. I took a field bet against Tampa Bay and picked Boston. The problem with your post is that you think the reffing has been one-sided and I disagree. I also agree with Berube that the calls have actually favored Boston in this series. Having said that, I don't think either side has a legitimate bitch about the officiating. Boston is more talented, clearly plays on edge more (Marchard is the dirtiest player in the NHL since Matt Cooke), but the difference will come down to goaltending. I thought St. Louis had the advantage with Binnington, but the difference so far has been Rask. 

• Upvote 1

This has really been a cringey final.... Boston and St louis both are playing crap dirty hockey.

Its disgusting, its not really good hockey, not exciting. even boston people are sick of championships at this point. St Louis fans will likely burn down their city if they win... its just gross.

.. the only winner in any of this is probably basketball.

7 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

This has really been a cringey final.... Boston and St louis both are playing crap dirty hockey.

Its disgusting, its not really good hockey, not exciting. even boston people are sick of championships at this point. St Louis fans will likely burn down their city if they win... its just gross.

.. the only winner in any of this is probably basketball.

Meanwhile, Toronto (and most of Canada) is in full buzz with the potentially of winning a NBA championship... in Toronto... tonight.

Lord knows what they might do in that city if they pull it off tonight.

It also would be a funny irony that a Canadian team would win the NBA title before winning a Stanley Cup. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, siouxforcefans said:

I think Boston would be on a neverending penalty kill if they played with regular season rules. But it is fair to say the Blues have had their share of penalties too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Meanwhile, Toronto (and most of Canada) is in full buzz with the potentially of winning a NBA championship... in Toronto... tonight.

Lord knows what they might do in that city if they pull it off tonight.

It also would be a funny irony that a Canadian team would win the NBA title before winning a Stanley Cup. 

Even Gretzky would rather watch the NBA Finals. 

• Downvote 1