SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs talk

8 hours ago, Goon said:

Wow, “Boston Bag Swallowers” you do paint a disgusting picture. Holy $#!t ...the haters are going to howl when Boston wins the Stanley Cup. 

I'm revising my Tarasenko Cup-winning goal.  After flying thru the air a-la Bobby Orr, he bounces up off the ice and rips off his Blues jersey to reveal...a #4 Bobby Orr jersey.  Oh, and they win the Cup in TD Waterwhatevertheeff the stadium is called now.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ray77 said:

St. Louis has been a great story while it lasted, but I'm afraid it's about to end.  They haven't seen anything this playoff season yet that matches what they're about to face in the Finals.

Think it’s safe to say the Bruins haven’t seen a physical team like they will see in the Blues. Tough to go against the Bruins but if Binnington can steal one in Boston who knows. I just want it to go 7 

On 5/22/2019 at 8:37 AM, Ray77 said:

St. Louis has been a great story while it lasted, but I'm afraid it's about to end.  They haven't seen anything this playoff season yet that matches what they're about to face in the Finals.

Good points, Ray.  After all, this playoff season has pretty much stuck to the script, no reason to predict an upset at this point.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Good points, Ray.  After all, this playoff season has pretty much stuck to the script, no reason to predict an upset at this point.

It's almost midnight, Cinderella...the clock is ticking.

5 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Good call

Bruins powerplay was deadly in their last series and it was looking good tonight but nothing to show for it. So it was the law of averages. You knew they were going to put one in eventually 

Great no-call on the Chara stick-chop on the Blues power play midway thru the 3rd.  Obviously the officials felt that calling a two-handed chop that snapped a guy's stick like a twig was unnecessary at that point in the game.    

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Great no-call on the Chara stick-chop on the Blues power play midway thru the 3rd.  Obviously the officials felt that calling a two-handed chop that snapped a guy's stick like a twig was unnecessary at that point in the game.    

Oh come on, Mafia...that's reffing in the playoffs.  And yes, I get it - slashing and breaking a player's stick is typically a penalty, but it goes both ways. I suppose that was the PK that the Bruins were on when Krejci got that weak penalty for "elbowing" (or whatever they decided to call it) on Sammy Blais?  That was a gift to the Blues and should never have been called. 

And I'm sure you're just as miffed that David Perron didn't get a penalty for wrestling Torey Krug to the ground and ripping his helmet off and then hog tying him right in front of Rask (and the ref)?

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

Oh come on, Mafia...that's reffing in the playoffs.  And yes, I get it - slashing and breaking a player's stick is typically a penalty, but it goes both ways. I suppose that was the PK that the Bruins were on when Krejci got that weak penalty for "elbowing" (or whatever they decided to call it) on Sammy Blais?  That was a gift to the Blues and should never have been called. 

And I'm sure you're just as miffed that David Perron didn't get a penalty for wrestling Torey Krug to the ground and ripping his helmet off and then hog tying him right in front of Rask (and the ref)?

That was a horrible non call. 

2 hours ago, Ray77 said:

Yea, how that wasn't called, I have no idea.  

3 hours ago, Ray77 said:

I'm not saying Perron didn't deserve a penalty, but Krugg initiated that conflict, held/tackled Perron as well, and then arguably charged Thomas.