SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs talk

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

And now the non- hand pass hand pass. 

But if they are hoping Joe Thornton wins it, should they not have called a penalty on St. Louis when Thornton was complaining that they shot the puck into the net above the plexiglass, which replay confirms?  They might have never got to overtime had they not missed that obvious call. 

Every goal should be reviewed and any objective action that normally would have stopped play should overturn a goal.  This gets you high stick, hand pass, offside, icing, and a few others. 

I'm ok with taking a goal off the board if a liney screws up an icing. If it's too close to call, let it stand but you can easily tell a race to the dots in most cases. Obviously, it should be similar to offside where full control negates it, not just touching the puck.

11 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

This has to be historic...two teams in a single playoff went sweep-swept in successive rounds.  And one of them was the sweeper before they were the sweepee.

EDIT

Double sweep historic, but not unprecedented.

1682871172_ScreenShot2019-05-16at9_58_14PM.png.28aea719a45be841885a7c9453ba7cb3.png

Penguins swept by Islanders swept by Hurricanes swept by Bruins....

Potentially good news for haters of Boston.

2 hours ago, Goon said:

This Bruins team is focused and going to be rested for the SCF. 

But you never know, as the layoff might not help with Rask being so incredible right now.  It doesn't take much for things to turn in the other direction, as I'm sure not many people would have suspected that Martin Jones would be playing as well as he has based on the first few games in the Vegas series.  

Wow... the nhl is really taking it out on the Sharks to make up for the terrible terrible performance of their refs.

Appearently the answer for awefull officiating is... additional awefull officiating to "even out the marbles"

Its like they are following the old wcha in game model.

14 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Blues a bit chippy in today’s game....several Sharks including Pavelski and Hertl missed chunks of the game due to St Louis’ physical play.

I'm envisioning a Blues/Bruins Stanley Cup Final with the series-winning goal being scored by Tarasenko, who gets tangled up in a stick and flies across the area right in front of Rask.  Yea, make it happen, Blues.  Make.  It.  Happen.  

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

I'm envisioning a Blues/Bruins Stanley Cup Final with the series-winning goal being scored by Tarasenko, who gets tangled up in a stick and flies across the area right in front of Rask.  Yea, make it happen, Blues.  Make.  It.  Happen.  

Wrong player and wrong team for that scenario to play out...thinking Bergeron does that for Boston.  ;)

BTW, I believe that 1970 Cup Final was over in 4 games...not sure we will see that this year.

I think the Boston bag swallowers will walk st louis, and really thats not a good look for hockey.

Teams like Boston need long pronounced droughts as karma for the way they play, but basically the same for st louis... so who cares. 

NHL desperately needed boston in the final.

I want SJ at this point but they just dont have enough healthy parts left.

And Jones just blows, hes terrible.

On 5/20/2019 at 5:51 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

I think the Boston bag swallowers will walk st louis, and really thats not a good look for hockey.

Teams like Boston need long pronounced droughts as karma for the way they play, but basically the same for st louis... so who cares. 

NHL desperately needed boston in the final.

I want SJ at this point but they just dont have enough healthy parts left.

And Jones just blows, hes terrible.

Wow, “Boston Bag Swallowers” you do paint a disgusting picture. Holy $#!t ...the haters are going to howl when Boston wins the Stanley Cup.