SiouxSports.com Forum

Snomageddon March 2019

The Sicatoka

29 has been open for several hours but 94 remains closed. Trucks look to be backed up for miles waiting to cross into Canada.

There are a ton of GPS tracking plows on 94 and not all the plows have GPS tracking. Must be a big mess on that freeway somewhere

There's a long line of east bound traffic (mostly trucks) parked on the east bound lane of 94 east of Jamestown. Cam's everywhere show fairly good road, clear and dry by Jamestown. Plug up must be between Jamestown and VC, since 94 looks fine both east and west of there. No cam wherever the plug is.

On 3/16/2019 at 12:38 PM, Cratter said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/weather/4585355-new-flood-outlook-50-percent-chance-50-foot-crest-grand-forks

I've noticed they quit using the term "100 year flood" after the area has seen 100 year floods "every other year."

Looks like the crest in GF is most likely 50 feet this year.

4 feet below the 97 level.

Hundred year flood doesn’t mean it’ll happen once in a hundred years. Plus with how differently the fields drain now it just dumps all the water into the river right away instead of letting nature do it’s thing.

8 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Hundred year flood doesn’t mean it’ll happen once in a hundred years. Plus with how differently the fields drain now it just dumps all the water into the river right away instead of letting nature do it’s thing.

I assume you are talking about tiling.  My shallow understanding is the system can also be used to hold water, but I don't have a clue whether it is a significant tool or who makes the decision.

17 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I assume you are talking about tiling.  My shallow understanding is the system can also be used to hold water, but I don't have a clue whether it is a significant tool or who makes the decision.

Yup, fields used to hold a ton of water after a wet winter, especially the wetlands. It’s a tough thing to ask a farmer to not get in the field early in the season though. 

• 6 months later...

Another Hutch Johnson apocalyptic forecast for this weekend?

Cancel UND hockey series? 

Start sandbagging today for the spring?

Why do we live in this area again? Someone remind me please.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I do find the weather people battle between each other as hilarious. I km know weather is what sells ads, but just give the facts. Dont scare or give me a two minute teases so viewers stick around. 

13 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

I heard ol' Too Tall Tom went off about the internet weather gurus yesterday,  a world of drama, a world fun...   I think that was a song from my yooth

too tall... is he still around?

Hutch, Too Tall, and Brick Tamland...... 

Legends in their own ways I guess......

On 10/8/2019 at 6:45 AM, Oxbow6 said:

Hutch 1, Oxbow 0. 

Blasphemy! Heathen. :glare:

Well, my sumps have started running again ... 

Winter keeps the riff-raff out. 

• Upvote 3