SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Western Michigan -- Saturday

stoneySIOUX

1 minute ago, AJS said:

Can anyone ever remember a time where both goalies have been lost for the year? This is so ridiculous.

It's unbelievable. 

I just texted Wilbur's wife to see if she'll give him the green light to make his way to GF tomorrow.

Just now, cberkas said:

He'd be more dangerous from the other side. Ovechkin can one time it from that spot, Kawaguchi has to catch the puck and readjust to shot the puck

In order for that to work, you have to cycle the puck. In order to cycle the puck, you have to gain possession. You don't see the Caps dumping the puck in on a power play too often.

I can't get over this, score two to make it a one goal game, get a PP late with a "realistic" shot at tying it up and next thing you know, they give up a shorthanded goal / lost their goalie for the year. UND hockey these past couple years has been one long sustained nightmare. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, runaroundsioux said:

In order for that to work, you have to cycle the puck. In order to cycle the puck, you have to gain possession. You don't see the Caps dumping the puck in on a power play too often.

Ovi is right handed on his off wing on the powerplay, Jordan is left handed playing on his wing. Put him on the off wing for a cross ice one timer. 

1 minute ago, cberkas said:

Hopefully Anderson can play out of his mind for the rest of the year.

.......and my invitation to play in this year's Masters will be in my mailbox Tuesday!

*no mail on Monday...President's Day*

• Upvote 1

We’ve never let a challenge stop us before...  2018-19 ain’t gonna be the place to start giving in!

Heres to hoping Scheel is back next week and the force of Friday nights game being the pacesetter for the rest of the season!

#siouxnation #mauiNDfan

• Upvote 2

Wonder if Berry puts the whole problem with the power play as execution.  Will he make changes a year too late like Bubba Schweigert did, costing us a chance at success.  Even when they score on the power play it isn’t from sustained zone time. It doesn’t pass the smell test, as even when Western didn’t score last night, it seemed like every power play they were all over us. 

• Upvote 1