SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Western Michigan -- Saturday

stoneySIOUX

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

It's unbelievable. 

I just texted Wilbur's wife to see if she'll give him the green light to make his way to GF tomorrow.

If it's something that would be fun for me it's a definite no.  I take enough heat for leaving to play golf in the summer. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Whether Berry will be here next year or not is still up for debate (I think I’ve made my option clear on wanting Hak back), but there is no way Shaw should be allowed back in Grand Forks. This staff as a whole has done some terrible damage to this program; not just with wins/losses/missing the tourney. But toughness, PP, PK, Grit, etc. it’s not just losing, but how they lose. For a guy that loves to talk about culture, Berry’s teams doesn’t have. Culture.

Berry’s not going anywhere 

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Rhett got an assist last night pushing his total to 4 for the season. He's also goal less since coming out of the Christmas break. 

Yeah but at least he wins the majority of his faceoffs.....unfortunately shuffling the puck back to other guys that can't score. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Yeah but at least he wins the majority of his faceoffs.....unfortunately shuffling the puck back to other guys that can't score. 

I'm starting to crack your code......are you Schloss??? ;)

If you pull out the "UND outshoots most of their opponents" card I'm really onto you!

He has just 12 total points...TWELVE. He's the teams top line center who can't assist or score.

Cue the Rick Pitino clip "Walking through that door" and insert Jost, Schmaltz and Toews.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

I'm starting to crack your code......are you Schloss??? ;)

If you pull out the "UND outshoots most of their opponents" card I'm really onto you!

He has just 12 total points...TWELVE. He's the teams top line center who can't assist or score.

Cue the Rick Pitino clip "Walking through that door" and insert Jost, Schmaltz and Toews.

It was a jab at the Schlossman types who thinks faceoffs won and shots on goal make up for the growing number of losses..  Gardner is not a top line center and this season has shown that.  On a "normal" strength UND team from years past, Gardner would be a 3rd or 4th line center even as a senior.  By default he's pushed up to top line this year.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Without Scheel this season is pretty much done (it’s been done in my mind since the griffin debacle).  It sucks and I’ll still pay attention, but I’m on to next year.

Thome is not the guy.  If Scheel is out for the year then its lights out unless Feeney is some how the guy....

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Thome is not the guy.  If Scheel is out for the year then its lights out unless Feeney is some how the guy....

All that is assuming Wilbur doesn't slip into a phone booth and put on the old pads.  What will your mask look like?

On 2/16/2019 at 10:59 PM, siouxfan512 said:

Whether Berry will be here next year or not is still up for debate (I think I’ve made my option clear on wanting Hak back), but there is no way Shaw should be allowed back in Grand Forks. This staff as a whole has done some terrible damage to this program; not just with wins/losses/missing the tourney. But toughness, PP, PK, Grit, etc. it’s not just losing, but how they lose. For a guy that loves to talk about culture, Berry’s teams doesn’t have. Culture.

On 2/17/2019 at 6:32 AM, scpa0305 said:

Berry’s not going anywhere 

I'm not saying he is going anywhere; but a strong argument could be made that he should. Regardless, there are some other coaches on staff that have not contributed much to the program. Plenty of blame to go around, but this is the worst hockey I've seen as a UND fan since I started watching back in 2003.