SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Western Michigan -- Saturday

stoneySIOUX

1 minute ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

I’m seeing this as a blessing In disguise. Now with no goalie they’ll get skull f’d the rest of the season so there will be heavy pressure for change. I was worried they might bleed this along and just miss the playoffs which would lead to another season of this next year. 

Now Brad is breathing easy. He has the excuse of 2 goalies going down. Never mind the reason the last goalie went down. Nothing to see there.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Probably wouldn't have mattered, but why would you not pull the goalie after giving up the SHG when still on PP. you now need 2 goals.  PP goal seemed like a must.  

same reason we didn't call a time out in Omaha to settle it down after they tied it up................

5 minutes ago, tnt said:

What reason was that?

The fact that our PP is so inept that we gave up a 2 on 1 goal and run into our goalie. We’ve given up a few shortys lately because our PP is so bad and now one of those breakdowns cost us our goalie as well. But we won’t hear that part of the story. We will just get the excuse of him being hurt from the local media.

• Upvote 1

Whether Berry will be here next year or not is still up for debate (I think I’ve made my option clear on wanting Hak back), but there is no way Shaw should be allowed back in Grand Forks. This staff as a whole has done some terrible damage to this program; not just with wins/losses/missing the tourney. But toughness, PP, PK, Grit, etc. it’s not just losing, but how they lose. For a guy that loves to talk about culture, Berry’s teams doesn’t have. Culture.

3 hours ago, Big Green said:

Probably wouldn't have mattered, but why would you not pull the goalie after giving up the SHG when still on PP. you now need 2 goals.  PP goal seemed like a must.  

I was not able to listen to the game but got periodic updates from a person seated next to me at men's hoops (radio via headphones) but I just assumed you would do that down 2 with a pp to gain the 2 extra attackers.  Hard to believe Berry didn't do that.  Yoy.

3 hours ago, mauiman said:

We’ve never let a challenge stop us before...  2018-19 ain’t gonna be the place to start giving in!

Heres to hoping Scheel is back next week and the force of Friday nights game being the pacesetter for the rest of the season!

#siouxnation #mauiNDfan

One thing is certain; the grass always looks greener from Maui.  

15 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

And these last few seasons approx one-half of Berry's post-game radio comments get old too. 

I personally am getting very tired of him always talking about how ok everyone in the locker room is with losing. And how content he is with it as long as they stick together in their losing ways. Listen I get that nowadays you have to be more PC and all that but it’s like you aren’t allowed to put a little expectation on anything. If there are players that are ok with the “culture” they keep perpetuating maybe this isn’t the place for them and that’s fine. Go to Bemidji, Northern Michigan etc. there will be no expectations. There will also be no chartered flights, 5 star hotels, steak suppers, 1st class training facilities, $100 million dollar home rink. With all the stuff I just mentioned I really don’t think it’s unrealistic to expect NCAA’s every year. Now I know there are some in this and every fan base that your never gonna please but I think what I just mentioned for the most part is how a majority feel. 

• Upvote 3